Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New

c90

When ordering a new Corolla, how would I know if it was recent model and not been stood in a field for a long time.

Curious.

Edited by c90
grammar

Think the days of cars standing in fields for months on end have long gone. Have a look at the following recent topics as examples:

There are thousands of new  cars parked up by Avonmouth/Portbury docks near Bristol.

50 minutes ago, Hpaul said:

There are thousands of new  cars parked up by Avonmouth/Portbury docks near Bristol.

Yes - that is where the majority of British built cars are exported, and where car imports into the UK arrive.

Storage there is temporary - not months on end when car manufacturers over-produced vehicles just to keep the production lines running. Manufacturers can no longer afford to keep large stocks.

Car carrier ships hold anything between 5,000 to 8,500 vehicles per voyage, and there has to be somewhere for the vehicles to be held temporarily before being either transported to UK distribution centres or loaded onto carrier ships for export.

• Like 1

Ask the dealer if its a factory order. If it is, you will receive an estimated date of delivery and Toyota will then notify you when the car actually goes into production and when the build is complete and when it leaves the factory for the dealership. It was informative being told that my cars build had begun and when it was completed. Some new cars will be sitting with dealers as new inventory and available to go. The dealer I dealt with had several new Corollas available at the dealership a few months back, when things were quieter than now but not what I was after so mine was a factory order.

I'm guessing mine is built to order hence my delivery estimate by the dealer of October, which explains why i was told i could have any colour, rather than a specific selection.  I guess it just depends how long it takes to get from processing order to building etc

Well I bought at the end of March this year and found out it was built in August 2020.

So, 7 months standing somewhere, the MyT app showed it to be in Scotland before shipping to my dealer on the south coast.

Mine has now arrived at the dealership and is awaiting PDI for delivery next week. Can't understand why nothing at all about the build showed up on the MyT app though.