Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T27 Separation Net

Cessna

Hi all. I recently bought a 2015 pre-facelift T27 Tourer and I have a question about what Toyota call the "separation net" - it pulls up from behind the rear seats and latches into sockets in the roof to stop stuff in the rear flying forward in an accident. Sort of like a dog guard, but made of stringy stuff. My car doesn't have one, and that seems correct looking at the Toyota brochure from the era, because it is an Icon Business Edition, and it was only fitted to the Excel model. However, they are available to buy second-hand on eBay, and I appear to have the cut-outs behind the rear seats for them. But the manual says there is a release catch on either end of the unit, which suggests there should be something for the catches to latch on to. As can be seen in the photos below, I just have a blanking plate, which when removed just reveals a hole, so I guess as well as missing the net, my model is also missing whatever the unit latches on to. If it is possible to obtain and fit them, I guess it would only probably be from Toyota (and rather expensive) unless I can find an Excel Tourer at a scrap yard. Can anyone confirm my thinking please?

net1r.jpg

net2r.jpg

You must have the base model, because my 2009 TR spec has the cargo separation net. It is locked in firmly and probably adds a little extra body stiffness.

20210809_092030.thumb.jpg.9571f3ea052890f48c20cdfaa3093359.jpg

The separation net showing the button locked position. Pressing the button releases the unit. 

20210809_092421.thumb.jpg.376a53f6d7bbd773ca1787050a50fb61.jpg

The release button in the unlatched position. To lock the unit, press down firmly on the bar. 

20210809_092205.thumb.jpg.e7ff523c7b1238b62042be999c58395e.jpg 

The bracket the separation net locks onto. The brackets are bolted behind the trim. 

Here is some information. The part numbers are the same for all models upto 2014, probably later.

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2009/avensis/zrt271r-awfepw/2_273560_041_410W/body/6404_deck-board-deck-trim-cover#9164180616

image.thumb.png.8d4c5c9f6916e5d2451a08ba266cdc0e.png

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2014/avensis/zrt271r-awfepw/2_273560_041_530W/body/6404_deck-board-deck-trim-cover/2 

image.thumb.png.3455602b2829bf569aa0f8ba381f40a7.png

I would search the breakers and online for the parts included the correct fixing bolts. 

Thanks Konrad, much appreciated. The pre-facelift model designation and specs changed sometime between 2009 and 2014 to be Active (basic model), Icon, Icon Business Edition and Excel (top spec model). The brochure confirms that only the Excel model has the separation net, which means even my Icon Business Edition (one down from top spec) did not come with the separation net and sadly, the brackets. From the links you kindly provided, it looks like the parts I need are 64933A and 64934A and associated bolts, so I'll try and get hold of those.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Cessna said:

Thanks Konrad, much appreciated. The pre-facelift model designation and specs changed sometime between 2009 and 2014 to be Active (basic model), Icon, Icon Business Edition and Excel (top spec model). The brochure confirms that only the Excel model has the separation net, which means even my Icon Business Edition (one down from top spec) did not come with the separation net and sadly, the brackets. From the links you kindly provided, it looks like the parts I need are 64933A and 64934A and associated bolts, so I'll try and get hold of those.

I assume Toyota the decision was based on how much the net is useful, when reviewing the kit level for each spec.   

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links