Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

(Footwell) Lights, Camera, Action!

Grompix

9 hours ago, Dynamic Mark said:

How did you remove the centre console ? Is a special tool required ? 
thanks in advance

This is the (Italian) video I used showing how to remove the centre console on the Mk4 Yaris.
I've put the centre-console part of the clip on my YouTube channel to help another member with the same question a short while ago here: -

https://youtu.be/OiTCUJL9fDQ
I found it easy enough to follow (despite my complete lack of Italian!).
As Cyker says - and the video confirms - just needs a good yank!

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Chris 👍 

• Thanks 2

excellent mod and great pics, thanks for sharing.  Something i'd like to do on my Mk1. 

Is there a wiring diagram for the harness ie where does it connect into on the fuseboard? Otherwise i can just tap into a lighting circuit to switch on when the headlights come on, for example.

Do the lights come on with the doors opening or are they on all the time?

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2021 at 10:24 AM, Puglet said:

Reminds me of my old Ford years ago, that had all the wiring for footwell lights but no bulbs!, amazing what manufacturers will do to save a few pence and now they are even cannier

I remember that too. It was Focus. Footwell lights were optional equipment for 60£ and the only difference was missing bulb 🙂

5 hours ago, corradovr6 said:

excellent mod and great pics, thanks for sharing.  Something i'd like to do on my Mk1. 

Is there a wiring diagram for the harness ie where does it connect into on the fuseboard? Otherwise i can just tap into a lighting circuit to switch on when the headlights come on, for example.

Do the lights come on with the doors opening or are they on all the time?

Don't know whether anyone on this forum can provide a wiring diagram for the harness as you suggest.
I suppose it should be possible to tap into the lighting circuit, but I can't help there.
The Mk4 Yaris has the footwell lights coming on when the doors are open (and when the car is approached - if you have keyless ignition). And also (for a minute or so) after the ignition is turned off.
I can't remember offhand if the footwell lights are also on when the headlights are. I haven't driven that much at night.  😉 

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted led to my Dynamic today, well pleased😀thanks for the guidance and advice.

C7C9F6CC-85D7-471E-80FD-18D514054E58.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Dynamic Mark said:

Fitted led to my Dynamic today, well pleased😀thanks for the guidance and advice.

HI, did you get the LEDS from eBay or Toyota and are they single or strips? 
Looks really good.

Toyota lamps would be over £100 just got these from Amazon for a fraction of the cost.

Qiilu Metal Indicator Light, 4 Pcs 12v Waterproof Signal Lamp 8mm LED Panel Pilot Dash Warning Light Indicator Lamp Car Van Boat (Blue) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077HRC16M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_D4FE9CAJZQFET2H6VYHX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cheekismo said:

HI, did you get the LEDS from eBay or Toyota and are they single or strips? 
Looks really good.

My footwell lights were strips from e-bay and the centre console light was a single LED.
See the beginning of this post to get further details.
Chris 😉

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 8/4/2021 at 4:08 PM, Grompix said:

Those that have read my recent threads relating to missing fuses in my Mk4 Yaris Excel Hybrid, will perhaps recall I mention that I discovered what appeared to be the wiring harnesses for the footwell lights - but no bulbs / LEDs attached.
It was/is one of my niggles that Toyota should go to the lengths of fitting all the wiring for the lights - but not take one more simple step of snapping some bulbs / LEDs in place from the parts bin during manufacture. Especially on the ‘Excel’ spec of Yaris.

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but it appears only the ‘Launch’ edition gets the fancy blue footwell lights.

Well, I noticed on Youtube (as you do!) that some people have discovered the same thing and fitted the bulbs/LEDs themselves to their own Yaris’s after sending away for the appropriate Toyota parts.

This guy from Italy (Claudiettociov1) has made a good guide video (even if - like me, your Italian is a bit rusty!):-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyNWL6xI1-8

The part numbers he uses for the lights (lamp assembly) are 81080-22040. They are about £20+ each and appear to be located in Dubai! You need four (or five if you go for the one under the USB port too - which I haven’t - yet!).
I thought - bit pricey that!

But, I noticed that you can get 12v LED light strips on eBay very cheaply, so I sent off for some. A pack of 4 strips of blue LEDs for under £4 was not going to break the bank - even if the experiment failed.

Well, I’m chuffed to say it didn’t fail and I now have a Yaris with blue footwell lights, which come on with the courtesy lights - very similar to the Launch edition.

Pictures are worth a thousand words (so they say), so I’ve attached photos of my progress and the results in fitting these LED strips just in case someone else on here wants to have a go on their own Mk4 Yaris.

Of course, I have no idea which Yaris’s were/are fitted with the light harnesses. It might only be the Excel models - but maybe others were/are too.

Still, not a bad upgrade for £4.
Not too difficult and about an hour’s work.
😉👍

A1.Passenger-Side_Panel (Copy).jpg

A2.Passenger_Side _Panel (Copy).jpg

A3.Passenger_Side _Panel (Copy).jpg

A4.Passenger_Side _Panel (Copy).jpg

A5.Passenger_Side _Panel (Copy).jpg

A6.Passenger_Side _Panel (Copy).jpg

A7.Passenger_Side _Panel (Copy).jpg

B1.Driver_Panel (Copy).jpg

B2.Driver_Panel (Copy).jpg

B3.Driver_Panel (Copy).jpg

B4.Driver_Panel (Copy).jpg

C1.Footwell_Lights (Copy).jpg

C2.Footwell_Lights (Copy).jpg

LED-StripLights2 (Copy).jpg

LED-StripsLights1 (Copy).jpg

Hello! Just wondering if you could point me in the direction of where you got these lights as it seems your links don't work for me. Apologies if it's just my computer being glitchy!

On 4/5/2022 at 9:51 PM, heth said:

Hello! Just wondering if you could point me in the direction of where you got these lights as it seems your links don't work for me. Apologies if it's just my computer being glitchy!

These are the LED light strips I used and the e-bay company I bought them from: - 
5050 LED Strip Light 12V Car Caravan White Blue Red Green Warm White 10 30 cm | eBay
Hope this helps.
Chris 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grompix said:

These are the LED light strips I used and the e-bay company I bought them from: - 
5050 LED Strip Light 12V Car Caravan White Blue Red Green Warm White 10 30 cm | eBay
Hope this helps.
Chris 😉

They look like the blue ones I fitted to my Focus, they didn't stick in place very well with the original adhesive tape, nothing that couldn't be sorted with a very thin bead of silicon.

They work well and very effective.

Hello, does anyone tried this in Yaris Cross? Waiting one in red for delivery this summer.

On 4/9/2022 at 3:28 PM, Nikos1 said:

Hello, does anyone tried this in Yaris Cross? Waiting one in red for delivery this summer.

On my Yaris Cross it already has blue LEDs in the footwells, centre cubby hole and front door handle recesses.

On 8/5/2021 at 10:25 AM, mrpj said:

Hopefully you will not encounter some over zealous Constable! I would check the legalities of blue lghts. Blue footwell lights look to be legal by omission.

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/advice/roads-and-vehicles/car-modifications

The normal accepted definition is that any such light should be visible from the front of the vehicle.  In this case the lighting is under the dash and also ambient in nature so it would be hard to prove it was visible form the front.  That said showing any light to the front of a vehicle that is other than white or yellow (permitted for fog lights) has been an MOT failure for many years. 

On 8/5/2021 at 10:25 AM, mrpj said:

Hopefully you will not encounter some over zealous Constable! I would check the legalities of blue lghts. Blue footwell lights look to be legal by omission.

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/advice/roads-and-vehicles/car-modifications

Shame the Suffolk police are wrong:

Rule 113: Car drivers MUST ensure that all vehicle sidelights are lit between sunset and sunrise while driving. The same vehicle lighting laws also apply to rear registration plate lights. You must also use the headlights at night time unless the road has lit street lighting.1 Jan 2022

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, Tsukit said:

Hello 

do you know what is it for ? This plug is plug light too ?

https://ibb.co/Jyr8tmF

Give us a clue.  What model and where is it?

14 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Give us a clue.  What model and where is it?

It's the centre console - note the usb port and tale tail light

op already has the interior led's installed, as for the connector i will have to look it up

edit. It's the heated seat plug, there should be another one down the back

On 10/23/2021 at 6:39 PM, Dynamic Mark said:

Are they fitted through the panel with the back nut or behind the hole?

• 10 months later...

Unfortunately, not every trim is equipped with the harness, at least on the later production runs: just got the new Mrs M Yaris and no harness either on the passenger side or centre console. Didn't check the drivers side. I'm wondering if I can wire it directly to the 12 V lighter for the centre console and somewhere else for the other positions

they only have the loom on the mid-spec up cars

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

they only have the loom on the mid-spec up cars

Yes, but ours is supposed to be the mid spec. It's equivalent to the Design (16" alloy, rear power windows with darkened glass, full LED headlights, front fog lights, etc.).. On second  thoughts, it would be more interesting to have the door handles illuminated then the footwells as the designers chosen to leave it black on black sorroundings making us searching for the handle every time we want to open the door 

On 8/4/2021 at 8:21 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Completed this on my Mum's excel recently, from my checks it would appear that Dynamic, Excel & Launch editions in the UK all share the same Dash wiring harness so as mentioned above the plugs are all there for the 5 dash led ( Footwell x 4 & centre cubby ) the door harnesses do vary and wiring for door handle led are only present on UK Launch edition. The Toyota part number for the led is 81080-33280 ( for all positions )

We did manage to wire the doors ordering:

2 x led as above

2 x led harness plug 90980-11918

4x led harness wire with terminal 500mm 82998-74060 ( these insert into the plug above ) 

we ran the wires through the door harness grommet and connected to the dash harness where it meets the door harness pins 3 & 18.

This door handle LED mod is only possible for the Excel and upper trims, right? For the others, we'll miss the rest of the connection.

🤦🏻

5 hours ago, JoaoM said:

This door handle LED mod is only possible for the Excel and upper trims, right? For the others, we'll miss the rest of the connection.

🤦🏻

My basic Design spec had the wires and plugs.  It’s easy to check, just drop the panel above the passenger’s feet.  

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links