Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

(Footwell) Lights, Camera, Action!

Grompix

On 8/4/2021 at 8:21 PM, Devon Aygo said:

the door harnesses do vary and wiring for door handle led are only present on UK Launch edition. The Toyota part number for the led is 81080-33280 ( for all positions )

We did manage to wire the doors ordering:

2 x led as above

2 x led harness plug 90980-11918

4x led harness wire with terminal 500mm 82998-74060 ( these insert into the plug above ) 

we ran the wires through the door harness grommet and connected to the dash harness where it meets the door harness pins 3 & 18.

You mean pins 3 and 18 of which plug? The blue or white one (the only ones that have that many pins). By the way, the OEM led harness wire is very expensive and not easily available. i'd like to replace it with some good quality wire but I'm afraid I can't tell what the proper terminal should be.

You will need to find an illumination wire, the driver's side is easy, take it from the window switch, passenger side will be a little bit harder

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, flash22 said:

You will need to find an illumination wire, the driver's side is easy, take it from the window switch, passenger side will be a little bit harder

Yes, driver side is easier. The photos I've attached are from the passenger side (LHD).

I don't think you will find anything at those connectors unless the main loom is wired for it

ground is white with a black stripe, the nearest illumination that i can think of is on the heater controls or the radio

i don't have access to the P210 diagrams yet

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

I don't think you will find anything at those connectors unless the main loom is wired for it

ground is white with a black stripe, the nearest illumination that i can think of is on the heater controls or the radio

i don't have access to the P210 diagrams yet

I understand what you say. It was Devon Aygo that talked about those pins. Honestly, for the driver door it's much easier to get the power from the window switch light wires.

i will have a look to see if i can find a pin assignment diagram

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Hello. Today I was getting ready to install the foot lights. I found the connector on the passenger side. At what point does the tension come to him? Does the light always come on when the car is started? Even when it is light outside and the button illumination and side lights do not work.

Mine come on when you open the doors or when you switch the ignition off before opening the doors to exit the vehicle.  They come on half brightness when the running/headlights are on. 

• Like 3

My diy footwell lights come on when you unlock and enter the car. 

If you don't start the car they come off in a few seconds. When you start the car come on full brightness day or night and dim to half brightness when you start moving. 

Seen a swiss or something car dealer YouTube video with a top spec Yaris (hud display tomahawk's and so on ) and I'd swear his were turned off when driving.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links