Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0 corolla top speed

dazayit

Anyone know if the top speed has been limited or is due to some limitations? I know in japan they limited cars to 112 at least some of the anyway.

it's possibly constrained by the drivetrain if not a limiter but at 112mph it's still well above the UK legal limit ... 😛

I wonder if it's still 112mph/180kph in e.g. Germany?

• Like 1

Hi, yes it's the same top speed here in Germany as the UK. 180 is the book speed but can show an indicated 190 when actually on the Autobahn. 

That's probably the speedo overreading - it's only ~5.56% which strikes me as normal for the 3 Toyotas that I have owned.

• Devon Aygo changed the title to 2.0 corolla top speed

Going any faster than the top speed of 112 mph could cause an emf (electro magnetic force) which would severely damage the electric motor beyond any repair. The onboard computer would probably close things down before any damage was done.

• Like 1

Just a question I couldn't find the answer for on Google, or I was typing the wrong one and I thought someone in here would know. 

Eduction purposes. I wouldn't be buying a corolla if I wanted high speed

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bob110023 said:

Going any faster than the top speed of 112 mph could cause an emf (electro magnetic force) which would severely damage the electric motor beyond any repair. The onboard computer would probably close things down before any damage was done.

I'd be more worried about the power being channelled into the flux capacitor😉

• Haha 1

The 112mph is limited because of the maximum rotational speed of MG1. It’s the same for all Toyota hybrids 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rambler56 said:

I'd be more worried about the power being channelled into the flux capacitor😉

In reality such speeds can rupture the dilithium crystals due to vortex stratification.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, PACorolla said:

In reality such speeds can rupture the dilithium crystals due to vortex stratification.

Not if you fit plasma relays.

• Haha 1