Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speed limit greyed out

Bob110023

Hi. Does anyone know why the show speed limit setting on the satnav is greyed out and not available. I have the 2021v1 map. Thank you Bob.

Same here Bob.  I had a play around with the settings and it remained greyed out.  Is it because you have an option for Road Sign Assist?  With RSA selected you have the speed limit displayed on the instrument display.  This will switch between temporary limits, when it spots them, and fixed limits.  If you had a map display option and enabled RSA display too it could be confusing. 

I am guessing that a car without an RSA option has a display limit on map option. 

Anyone have a pic of what it looks like?

I'll have a look when I next go out to see if mine's the same

Hi. Roy thanks for your reply. I had a chr excel before this corolla and that car showed both speed limits.

Photo.       

20210805_162126.jpg

Bob, same as mine, did your other car show on the map? 

Hi Roy. Yes my 2019 chr excel displayed speed limit on the map and also on the dash. Apparently this is not available for both to be shown on the corolla. I must admit sometimes my chr would show two different speed limits.

Re Yr last, that confirms a display from the map data and RSA from the camera.  Potentially confusing so that might be a reason for the difference in the newer car. 

Perhaps no bad thing as I have known a few locations where satnav speed limit data is hopelessly out of date, despite me updating the maps regularly.

Not just hopelessly, more like instantly as councils drop the limits on many roads and impose more 20 zones.