Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service intervals ….

Stuno1

Does the attached count as full service history? Nothing done in 2018 but less than 1500 miles between 2017 and 2019 services.

stu

92369EE9-23E0-49B0-81ED-F87C730817D1.png

No - Toyota service intervals are 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

There should have been a service around August 2018, and the 2021 service was late (5 months and 2,300 miles overdue). The service should have been in February 2021.

Hmmmm. Ok. Need to decide if that’s enough to put me off. 
WBAC value on the car I am looking at is only impacted by £115 with some service history so that’s good. 

There was a gap of around 18 months between the 2017 and 2019 services, but only 1500 miles covered. That wouldn't put me off at all. Was there a change of owner during this period and the car sat on a forecourt for a while?

You'll often find a lengthy gap between services when a car has gone into the trade about the time a service is due. Often the trader will not service the car until it has a buyer, so that can introduce a few months delay.  I checked out a three year old Pug 108 a few weeks ago and it had been P/Xed in August 2020 and only recently emerged for sale..

The 2021 service is also a bit late but again it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. Dirty oil is not good for the timing chain but these engines are pretty hardy. Check the general condition of the car. I would expect it to need new discs/pads very soon if its not already had them. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. The 18 month gap was a change of owner and the 5 month gap due to lack of use during COVID.

The car had a service in July and MOT today. I am happy with what I have seen so far. I’ll see the car on Sunday and all things being equal buy it. 

1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

Thanks for the reply. The 18 month gap was a change of owner and the 5 month gap due to lack of use during COVID.

The car had a service in July and MOT today. I am happy with what I have seen so far. I’ll see the car on Sunday and all things being equal buy it. 

It wouldn’t unduly worry me either and wouldn’t be a dealbreaker. But give it a rigorous check as in buying any used vehicle eg tyres, braking and the general condition of the car. Good Luck🚘

• Like 1