Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch and go sat nav not working 2012 Yaris

Camryman

Hi, my wifes 2012 Yaris has the Touch and go sound system fitted, and the Sat Nav side appears to have failed. It works for a short while then locks up with a blank screen and this then effects the normal radio,CD and line in. The other stuff works but with difficulty. I have removed the entire radio SatNav unit from the dash, and opened the SatNav box and checked all of the pc board and multi plug connections under a magnifying glass but can find no problems.

My main question is could I leave the Sat Nav unit disconnected and run the rest of the radio head unit without it?

I have seen the Sat Nav units for sale on eBay, but these days a mobile phone is far better than the original ever was, but I believe the bluetooth also is connected via the Sat Nav unit. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance

The touch (DA) has bluetooth, as does the nav module - if the nav module is plugged in it disables the bluetooth in the touch (DA)

either could be at fault, It's either heat soak or just the processor/memory starting to fail

you can go into the hidden menu and try a reset on the nav module   under General - Reset extension box

1938845471_TT1gomenu.thumb.jpg.c83474ac9c53ccc9267a4c60911e0fcd.jpg

You can also run a failure Diagnostic from the other hidden menu

turn the ignition on

Press and hold the Car button and then turn the headlights on and off 3 times

failure diagnostics - System check

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info Bob, I got into the hidden menus and found several faults listed. I cleared these, but still no joy plus the fault codes repeated. So I have disconnected the Nav unit, and the radio, bluetooth,cd,line in all work fine now. I won't be replacing the Nav unit as the cost is stupid. I have got a Garmin that will do job just as well.

do you have the error codes ?, the touch nav modules are cheaper (£80-120) than the touch2

No sorry, I forgot to write them down.

• 1 year later...
On 8/6/2021 at 9:19 PM, Camryman said:

Thanks for the info Bob, I got into the hidden menus and found several faults listed. I cleared these, but still no joy plus the fault codes repeated. So I have disconnected the Nav unit, and the radio, bluetooth,cd,line in all work fine now. I won't be replacing the Nav unit as the cost is stupid. I have got a Garmin that will do job just as well.

Hi

what wires are for the radio and sat nab I have same problem I would appreciate it for your help.

• 5 months later...

Hello, I’ve had the exact same problem. I have pulled one of the ribbon connectors out of the nav module(the one which connects into the touch module). This has solved the problem of the touch locking up and doing weird things. 
however I have lost the use of the USB under the arm rest. Does anyone know if there is a way to get the USB working again but keeping the nav unit disconnected? 
the touch and go has the option for the usb but it’s greyed out. 

Unplug the large square gray plug from the nav module and plug it into the main unit (DA)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links