Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RAV4 Hybrid 2021 pulling left

N_Hoque

I bought brand new Rav4 Hybrid on May2021. They Checked two times but problem not solved. 
I had another check on 9thMay21. If not solved I told dealer that I will return.

Anyone had any suggestions please share…

Not had any issues with pulling on this car with the exception of when I had the lane centring  switched on.  Under these conditions the steering slowly oscillated but had a distinct tendency to pull to the left.  I now only the use the lane guidance on motorways.   Other than that I’ve found the car steering spot on.

I tried with lane denting on but still it pulling left. They done the wheel alignment but problem still not solved. 

Are you sure that the roads you are seeing the problem on do not have a a significant camber. To test the steering it’s important to try this in a flat road, large empty car park, long flat driveway.  If there is a camber there is always the possibility of the steering drifting.

I don’t want to be offensive but are you sure that you’ve not become super sensitive to the “problem” which may have now been sorted. There is always some movement in the steering and we correct for it without really thinking about what we are doing making slight corrections all the time.

Take the dealer on a drive on the same section of road you experience the pulling, that way they will know whether it is solved or not. I had this on a new Renault a few years back, they insisted it was setup correctly as per spec, in the end though they brought a technician over from France who said that UK cars have a camber built in to the suspension because of our roads, a re-tweaked suspension afterwards cured the problem.

There are a couple of things you could try:

- check tyre pressures are the same

- take the car to a straight(ish) A road and engage the Cruise Control with Steering Assist, you can then check that the system is able to 'steer' you correctly (gentle holding the steering wheel!!)

- try changing the left front and right front wheels over, this will rule out a tyre miss-balance  

Thanks all of your advise and suggestions. I tried all of this from last two months. But still car pulling left. I tried in flat road / motorway and car park . This is my 5th car and I driving from last 18years but never faced this after done all checked even service centre done wheel alignment. 
Hope 2moro they can permanently solved this serious issue. 

1 minute ago, N_Hoque said:

Hope 2moro they can permanently solved this serious issue. 

Sunday?

I thought of this thread while out in the car this afternoon. The car was pulling left. I thought that maybe I had a puncture but the TPMS light wasn't on. Then I realised that I had switched on Lane Tracing Assist (LTA) - the car was wanting me to be driving closer to the kerb / further from the centre line than I wanted to be driving. I switched LTA off and the problem went away instantly ...

I know that this has been suggested before and 'discounted' but have just now experienced an identical 'issue' I suspect that it is worthy of a second mention ...

I’ve found it even more of an effect if the lane cantering is on it has a distinct bias towards the left.  When I first tried this on the motorway which had road works I found the experience scary to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this on my then new 2019 RAV 4. Tyre pressures were spot on. I do loads of motorway driving so on cruse control it is very noticeable. Garage of cause said they did not notice it. I was told to check wheel alignment is a massive operation for this car and even bigger and very expensive to correct. I believe many tyre centres cannot even do it without purchasing very expensive equipment.

2 years on I must say I rarely notice it now, but I drive many vehicles so I adapt myself.

• 1 year later...

I have got a 2020 Rav4 Hybrid, had the issue from day 1, and recently got my tires changed after doing 70k Kms, now it has become a nightmare, the left pull has become more stiffer, tried all options of swapping tires, wheel alignment, test drive by Toyota dealership master technician, still no solution, steering becomes more stiffer when doing 100kmph and the rear wheel seems to wobble a lot. Has anyone faced similar issue, any thoughts or suggestions to resolve the issue, would be really helpful. 

Hi

I have a 2019 Rav4 AWD and have had the same issue for the past two years. 

Tyres have been replaced, geo tracking done by KwikFit and Toyota and still pulls to left. Anyone had this issue successfully fixed as it’s just frustrating going back all the time. 

Can those who are currently suffering this issue please confirm that they have Lane Tracing Assist (LTA) switched OFF.

A number of us found that when using LTA the car's idea of lane centring was further to the left than the drivers - so we'd wind-up fighting the system with the car "pulling left". The simple solution for me is to switch LTA off.

• Like 1

I’ve always left LTA switched OFF. 

If a lot of people are having this issue then I don’t know why Toyota are not taking this seriously under the 5 yrs warranty conditions. 

It’s just frustrating as you can clearly notice the problem when I’m driving on motorways. 

Unforunately lane keep/trace assist became compulsory on cars with new Type Approval from May 2022, and will be compulsory on all new cars sold after May 2024.

So Toyota, along with other manufacturers, are fitting these systems to new cars in preparation of them becoming compulsory.

Not a warranty issue if it is LTA causing the issue for some.

I can tip you a trick to try in safe place on quiet road if you haven’t tried yet. 
Go to the other side and drive like you do in Europe.
If the car pulls to the right then means it’s from the road camber and you have nothing to worry about. If the car remain straight dead on or still pulls to the left then it is a problem with alignment, suspension, tyres or something along that things. Perhaps peoples from eu countries can give us some feedback to make us worry free and even more frustrated.
Btw all of the cars I had driven had some slight pull to the left and those with wider and lower profile tyres always been more of an issue. Haven’t tried Rav4 so can’t really comment on this car. 
You can do that on a three or more lanes motorway too.
Drive in the near side and the car should pull to the left , middle can do either left or right and when driving in the right lane should pull to the right, not always but this is how the roads are made and cars follow the road camber. 

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

I can tip you a trick to try in safe place on quiet road if you haven’t tried yet. 
Go to the other side and drive like you do in Europe.
If the car pulls to the right then means it’s from the road camber and you have nothing to worry about. If the car remain straight dead on or still pulls to the left then it is a problem with alignment, suspension, tyres or something along that things. Perhaps peoples from eu countries can give us some feedback to make us worry free and even more frustrated.
Btw all of the cars I had driven had some slight pull to the left and those with wider and lower profile tyres always been more of an issue. Haven’t tried Rav4 so can’t really comment on this car. 
You can do that on a three or more lanes motorway too.
Drive in the near side and the car should pull to the left , middle can do either left or right and when driving in the right lane should pull to the right, not always but this is how the roads are made and cars follow the road camber. 

That’s a good idea to try out. 

I have driven on a straight motorway in the third lane and the car still pulled to the left but will try again next time I get chance. 

Thanks

• Like 1