Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What tyres (make and part) are coming with your new RAV4s including the PHEV? Winter and offroad recommended?

Nick72

As it says but also interested if you changed tyres and why?

Stock tyres seem to be low average all rounders with not so great traction in wet or snow. Wondering about whether there are better all season options? Wondering also about greater puncture resistance and grip for light off roading tyres.

@Nick72, I’ve said this before on other threads but on my last three cars I have gone with CrossClimates and been really happy with the performance.  But right now I’m sticking to the fitted Yokohama and see how they hold up.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ernieb said:

@Nick72, I’ve said this before on other threads but on my last three cars I have gone with CrossClimates and been really happy with the performance.  But right now I’m sticking to the fitted Yokohama and see how they hold up.

Ah ok. Thanks. Same tyres as on the USA version then.

Do you know which part number or product name of Yokohama? Would like to look them up.

Cheers Ernie.

N

Sorry not sure but I’ve taken photos of the three number on the tyre if that helps?

375C3DB7-3126-494A-8AA9-6BA7D7A3DE4F.jpeg

90E4F6CD-2E71-44A5-BBE4-6BD85CC96BFF.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Looked them up. Good in dry. Very good in wet. Good in light snow.

Terrible in icy, deep snow, and off road.

So for most of my motoring that's a good fit. But I may need to swap them for the light off roading and winter mountain roads.

2 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Looked them up. Good in dry. Very good in wet. Good in light snow.

Terrible in icy, deep snow, and off road.

So for most of my motoring that's a good fit. But I may need to swap them for the light off roading and winter mountain roads.

That suggests that you may well want real cold weather tyres - have two sets, swap spring and autumn (and be on sub-optimal tyres for most of the spring and autumn).

I haven't found the need for proper winter tyres here in Wales; maybe the mountains are bigger in the wilds of Lancashire? 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, philip42h said:

That suggests that you may well want real cold weather tyres - have two sets, swap spring and autumn (and be on sub-optimal tyres for most of the spring and autumn).

I haven't found the need for proper winter tyres here in Wales; maybe the mountains are bigger in the wilds of Lancashire? 😉

Possibly. Really thinking about trips up the Lakes including Whinlatter. Share a place up there. Plus the odd trip up the east Lancs hills.

This was the original Yokohama press release for the RAV 4 Avid GT tyre.

08AD91D0-FE8B-43C5-AE6D-7E7FEEFF3393.png

• Thanks 1