Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm going off for no reason

Louie

My Toyota Hybrid GR sports 2l alarm went off tonight for no reason. This is the second time this has happened and strangely it was roughly about the same time last year about 10 pm on a summer’s night. Could it be insect activity as we currently have a spider invasion and they love spinning webs on the front grill, wing mirrors and the rear of the car which keeps being covered in intricate web patterns. I had the hatch door open today and perhaps these web spinners may have dropped into the vehicle on a new mission. Is the Toyota sensor that delicate? Any thoughts guys ?

they have gained entry into the vehicle.

I had this, phantom car alarm going off, had it booked in with the dealer as it would happen early evening once or twice.

In the end it turned out to be an insect. I dusted the car with a duster and around everywhere inside and then used some fly spray in the car and closed it up and set the alarm, the following day I noticed some dead fly of some description and it's never happened since. I cancelled the dealership booking.

My advice would be to do the above first.

• Like 1

I had the same thing, it was a moth inside the car which I think was trying to reach a nearby street light when it can on. That was also at a similar time each night, till I let it out 😉

• Like 1

I would have let it out in my situation but had the windows and doors and boot open for about 40mins while I was cleaning in the interior but it didn't come out so fly spray it was. The insect I forget what it was was big enough to trigger the interior sensors but problem solved.