Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Rav 4 Service Intervals and AWD questions.

alan78

Good figures Willem. As you say it’s a weighty car.  Interesting you say the engine was almost idling when assisting with the drive.  I fitted a HUD to the wife’s Auris hybrid (when it was mine) and one of the features was a rev counter. Obviously it showed zero when running ICE not running, but even when running it was only showing lowish revs when in use.

Good observation, I was wrong there! After re-viewing the lesson, the (thermal-) efficiency range of the engine is between 1700 and 2400 rpm, and one of the MG1's tasks is, to keep it in that range.

Thanks for reminding me ... 😐

One of the things that struck me after seeing this video again is the stunning simplicity of this transaxle, compared to a classic 8 or 10 speed automatic transmission. No moving parts, no clutch packs, no brake bands, practically nothing that wears out ... a real gem of technology.

BTW, here's the video about the RAV's rear motor.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, alan78 said:

Hey, i actually see you have an Excell AWD, so that is more or less like for like, i would be going for Dynamic trim AWD so its helpful you are reporting these figures.

Done a trip down to Cork last week, 453 miles, all motorway, cruise set at 75 and MPG was 44.37, weather was awful and I would hope to get a bit more.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MrNuts said:

Done a trip down to Cork last week, 453 miles, all motorway, cruise set at 75 and MPG was 44.37, weather was awful and I would hope to get a bit more.

Too much speed MrNuts ... 😉 But seriously, the faster you go, the 'worse' the economy will be as the car expends more energy pushing air out of the way. The weather probably wouldn't have help either.

On 8/9/2021 at 4:35 PM, philip42h said:

Too much speed MrNuts ... 😉 But seriously, the faster you go, the 'worse' the economy will be as the car expends more energy pushing air out of the way. The weather probably wouldn't have help either.

Speed limit on motorways in Ireland is 130km/h, 75mph, but yes I find that the best happy medium between speed/economy, its a true speed of 71mph.

That's a cool video.  I hadn't thought of the difference between 4WD and AWD.

One difference I've found between the 2WD and AWD is the ability to recover more energy when coasting/braking.

Interestingly the new Toyota Aqua (think Yaris sized car) comes with 'Comfort Pedal' which allows for one pedal driving - something EV owners bang on about.

14 minutes ago, duncerduncs said:

the new Toyota Aqua

The previous generation Aqua was sold as the Prius C in the US.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links