Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starter motor

Dave lee

Hi just wondering if anyone has a spare starter motor for 1.8 petrol toyota avensis cheers in advance 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2021 at 1:20 PM, Dave lee said:

Hi just wondering if anyone has a spare starter motor for 1.8 petrol toyota avensis cheers in advance 

m8t i am not sure if can get the repair kit for those but i remember my vw 1.9tdi starter motor i repaired it myself as was really easy .i got new brushes kit from eBay and rebuilt the starter motor myself put it back in and worked great.but the toyota avensis starter motor im not sure .tbh i dont even know what modle starter is in my car my one is the 1adftv 2.0 engine .but if ever gets high milage i wil try repair the starter myself .same goes for the alternator i put a new brushes into my 1.9tdi one also great job 2 lol

here is a u tube video also but this is for a petrol starter but more or less the same idea

• 3 months later...

My starter motor for the Avensis 2006 1.8 just stopped working. Some gentle hammering at the body and I was able to start the engine - barely.
After watching this excellent video, I now know that one, or maybe two of the brushes are worn out.

Sadly enough a new set of Denso brushes is not available, but the local Toyota dealer is of course  willing to sell me a brand new starter.  7 times more expensive than a set of new brushes. 

Aren't we supposed to save the environment by recycling? 🙂

On 12/26/2021 at 7:56 PM, Jon Blund said:

My starter motor for the Avensis 2006 1.8 just stopped working. Some gentle hammering at the body and I was able to start the engine - barely.
After watching this excellent video, I now know that one, or maybe two of the brushes are worn out.

Sadly enough a new set of Denso brushes is not available, but the local Toyota dealer is of course  willing to sell me a brand new starter.  7 times more expensive than a set of new brushes. 

Aren't we supposed to save the environment by recycling? 🙂

hold on bud i got a number of a guy that said gto me to email him the model number of the starter and he will send me the right parts i need that guy in that same video helped me fix my 1.9tdi starter and alternator and trust me was a real easy job .a shop here wanted 80 quid to fix my starter motor in my 1.9tdi one and well i thought as i was going home what way he can fix it that i cant lol 

found the contact you need send him the email he said to me if its a denso starter he order parts but im not sure how  much he charges u have to ask i guess i never came across that problem yet.if you need number pm me .let me know how u gat on as im intrested in getting a kit. plus buddy how many miles on your car 

company called = repairkitsuk

www.repairkitsuk.com

www.startermotorkits.com

• 3 weeks later...

A few weeks ago I replaced the starter motor. The original starter was manufactured by Denso, and the new was also a Denso, made in japan.

New starter 180 euro. Today's price at Autodoc: £ 159,94 incl. vat.
Re manufactured starter from Toyota Norway: 590 euro + return of the old one.

The choice was rather easy. 🙂

The replacement job was an easy task too, thanks to the YouTube video.

6 hours ago, Jon Blund said:

A few weeks ago I replaced the starter motor. The original starter was manufactured by Denso, and the new was also a Denso, made in japan.

New starter 180 euro. Today's price at Autodoc: £ 159,94 incl. vat.
Re manufactured starter from Toyota Norway: 590 euro + return of the old one.

The choice was rather easy. 🙂

The replacement job was an easy task too, thanks to the YouTube video.

by chance bud did you send those guys i send you a link to to get replacement parts boss to fix it yourself 

No, I did not, but thanks anyway. Reason? The low cost of a brand new starter versus the uncertainty of a repair and time spent waiting.