Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update on Skid Control Unit

Bernard Foy

Getting the update carried out by Toyota dealership tomorrow, although I’ve never had a problem with the car I’ve read posts from owners on here of problems.

Had mine done a few weeks ago, no issues since. Mind you, i didn't have any issues before to be honest.

I was one of the people affected by this fault, with my car off the road for nearly a month while Toyota HQ investigated. I've had the update and have the car back and I've had no issues since. Even the Climate Control, is now behaving itself!

6 hours ago, W1P30UT said:

I was one of the people affected by this fault, with my car off the road for nearly a month while Toyota HQ investigated. I've had the update and have the car back and I've had no issues since. Even the Climate Control, is now behaving itself!

Went to pick up the car yesterday evening just before the dealership closed. The service manager informed me that they were unable to complete the update on the skid control unit and contacted Toyota and may be able to do it today based on the response from Toyota. I am unable to return for some time and they said that there is no hurry on it and it can be done in conjunction with the first year service. Have any of our members experienced that hiccup in the update ??

@Bernard Foy just a curiosity.   

I was discussing with another Yaris owner and he says that after the update the charge scale ( the 3 blue points on energy monitor ) has changed direction. 

He says that before the upgrade the scale was going upward and after it's going downward ( as logically it should be ).  

As far I remember it was always going downward but I'm not sure.

Due you have not yet upgraded the firmware, can you check ?

5 hours ago, RickyC said:

@Bernard Foy just a curiosity.   

I was discussing with another Yaris owner and he says that after the update the charge scale ( the 3 blue points on energy monitor ) has changed direction. 

He says that before the upgrade the scale was going upward and after it's going downward ( as logically it should be ).  

As far I remember it was always going downward but I'm not sure.

Due you have not yet upgraded the firmware, can you check ?

Hi Ricky, when the traction Battery is being charged the bars are moving in the upward direction, and when the traction Battery is driving the the wheels through the electric motor, then it is discharging in a downwards direction. Does that answer your query??

I have noticed that it uses more of the bars since the update, sometimes reads full, which it never seemed to do before.

Also, just once, it went down to one bar, the engine kicked, and the revs raced with very liittle electical assistance, which was odd.

Having said that, my economy has increased a fair bit.

@RickyC and @Bernard Foy - Are you two talking about the power gauge, that shows Charge/Eco/Power depending on how had you're pressing the accelerator (Or brake!), or the power flow meter, that shows if the engine or batter is powering the wheels, or if the engine or wheels are charging the Battery?

Hi @Cyker sorry for my lack of English technical terms.  😉   I'm refererring to power gauge. 

When you brake or release the accelerator the gauge moves from green ( ECO ) to blue ( CHG ). On my car when I brake ( with updated ECU ) the first blue tab that lights is the upper one ( the one below the first green tab ) and then the next ones below according to the intensity of braking ( so blue gauge goes downwards or anticlockwise ).  The guy I was discussing with says that he was sure that before the update the blue gauge was working in a reverse way with first blue tab being the one on the bottom of gauge and moving upwards ( clockwise ) like the green gauge normally does.  

Honestly I've noted anything changed and I think that the behaviour of CGH gauge was the same also before the update. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cyker said:

@RickyC and @Bernard Foy - Are you two talking about the power gauge, that shows Charge/Eco/Power depending on how had you're pressing the accelerator (Or brake!), or the power flow meter, that shows if the engine or batter is powering the wheels, or if the engine or wheels are charging the battery?

Yes Cyker, I’m afraid we were talking about two different things 🤭. That’s because I misinterpreted his original post 🤔. Sorry if anyone is misled.

• Like 1

It's an ABS update, it's more than likely adjusted the level of the regenerative braking

Ahh okay! Thanks, I was getting confused! :laugh: 

On 8/10/2021 at 7:40 AM, W1P30UT said:

Even the Climate Control, is now behaving itself!

What issues were you having with the climate control? Forgive me if I missed it from a previous post.