Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

SatNav doesn't know where it is. 2019 Corolla

CoastCar

My Toyota Touch2 navigation system was working fine during a journey. I stopped for a meal break, When I started my car the Navigation system placed me in a position several miles North West of my actual position. It has continued to do this every time I start up. However, my journeys are correctly shown on my My Toyota app as is my current parking position.

Curious. Mine did something similar twice after the last update although mine was only a few hundred yards out. It's never done it again.

• Like 1

I had this on a previous update.  I also have some routes I have driven shown as off road tracks on the display.  The display was correct when I was driving. 

I've had this in 2020 the map showed me driving across the English Channel & I definitely wasn't I was going exactly in the opposite direction. 

I took it to the dealer & they updated everything, which seemed to fix it. 

• 2 years later...

I went to Amersham last night from Rochester, all was fine on the way there but on the way back it stated to wander but then never recovered. I’m now back in Rochester and my car thinks I’m 100 miles away. Is this a common fault?

Stephen, not that common,  however it can occur.  Errors as you describe are rare.  Smaller errors arise while the system initialises.  Once you have made a couple of changes of direction snap-to-road removes these errors.

I think there is a hidden menu which shows the satellite coverage.

On 8/9/2021 at 9:14 AM, CoastCar said:

However, my journeys are correctly shown on my My Toyota app as is my current parking position.

Because those rely on the location data from your phone. It is the satnav in the car that's suffering a moment of confusion.  It will most likely fix itself eventually.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links