Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear window doesn't want to close?

priusnoob

Hey

I've got a Gen 3 imported Prius, and well this is what it does (unlisted video, so you can only see it with this link) 

You can eventually get it to stop, by timing it right and pressing the down button on the electric window moving thingy (Technical term ofc), or by pressing the "lock all windows button" thingy (yet another technical term) 

As for all my other windows, they work as expected. It's just this rear left one (ie: the one behind the passenger seat) 

Does anyone know why it's doing that, and how I'd go about getting it fixed? 

Hi, 

this looks to me like safety function activated perhaps by wrongly installed wind deflector or something stacked in the window seal, something that window is hitting while closing up and automatically goes down. Best to give a thorough look again. 👍

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

this looks to me like safety function activated perhaps by wrongly installed wind deflector or something stacked in the window seal, something that window is hitting while closing up and automatically goes down. Best to give a thorough look again. 👍

Thanks. I'll see if anything is stuck, then. It's only started being a problem very recently 

On 8/9/2021 at 7:38 PM, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

Nothing is stuck unfortunately. I can't see it being an improperly installed wind deflector, given that it's only recently started to happen 

This being said on the same side, the car door doesn't open from the inside, but does from the outside 

Maybe it just needs to reset auto-up function.

1. Wind the window down to half-way.
  2. Then wind the window up while all the while holding the window switch in the "up" position and continue to hold it for 3 seconds after the reaches the up position.
  3. Release the switch.

The window should now have relearnt the closed position.

• Like 2

Sticky rubber, a bit of PTFE or silicon spray in the track will help

If you use the rear door switch, does it still do it ?

19 hours ago, priusnoob said:

This being said on the same side, the car door doesn't open from the inside, but does from the outside 

Check and lube the child lock

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Sticky rubber, a bit of PTFE or silicon spray in the track will help

If you use the rear door switch, does it still do it ?

Check and lube the child lock

Could I ask how I'd use those? Also tbf I haven't checked that. I'll check the rear door 

What should I use as lube? 

What I have for lube is

Crankalicious Science Friction ceramic chain lubricant  (for bikes) 

2 hours ago, Joseph D said:

2. Then wind the window up while all the while holding the window switch in the "up" position and continue to hold it for 3 seconds after the reaches the up position.
  3. Release the switch.

Thanks. I'll try that when I get back from my commute. I can't wait to move closer to work

GT85 or silicone spray, spray the channels  Inc the top (window down) then run the window up and down a few times

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joseph D said:

3. Release the switch.

Unfortunately it doesn't want to stick. Even with holding the button. It immediately goes back down 😞

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

GT85 or silicone spray, spray the channels  Inc the top (window down) then run the window up and down a few times

I'll try that. It does the same thing even if I use the switch at the actual back seat too, and not just the one on the driver's side unfortunately 

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

I didn't realise there even was a child lock tbh. I've now disabled it. Still, I have the window issue