Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Safety recall fuel pump issue

Swanthecat

Just received a safety recall notice from Toyota about a potential fault in the fuel pump which needs to be checked. From what I have read this has been an ongoing widespread issue. Anyone know if it is critical or do you think it would wait for the cars second service at the end of September? I will call the dealer in the morning but so far they have proven to be as reliable as a a set of Chinese Christmas lights so far

Paul, just do what it says in the notice you have received.

• Like 1

I have a set of Chinese Christmas lights and they are brilliant.🤣🤣

• Like 3

On 8/9/2021 at 8:16 PM, Swanthecat said:

Just received a safety recall notice from Toyota about a potential fault in the fuel pump which needs to be checked. From what I have read this has been an ongoing widespread issue. Anyone know if it is critical or do you think it would wait for the cars second service at the end of September? I will call the dealer in the morning but so far they have proven to be as reliable as a a set of Chinese Christmas lights so far

Out of interest is your Corolla a 1.8 or 2.0? May not be relevant but I'm not relishing another trip to the dealer after having done the 130 mile round trip 4 times already this year. 

On 8/9/2021 at 8:16 PM, Swanthecat said:

Wondering how this is being communicated to owners. I see nothing mentioned re Corolla on the Toyota UK recalls website https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/vehicle-information/recall-checker

You can actually check your car on this website with the VIN or reg number. I did for mine and got this response:

We are pleased to confirm that your Toyota is not affected by any voluntary customer service campaigns or outstanding safety recalls and no further action is required.

This would be a great example of how the MyT app could work in relaying such information.

I imagine you'd hear from the dealer only if yours is one that's affected. Guessing here. How did you get the news? Email?

Received the WGG27 recall letter yesterday and have booked in with SLM Toyota for the work to be carried out next Thursday .

Was advised that the time in garage will be at least 2 1/2 hrs . My car is the 1.2L turbo Corolla so assume that only this Engine is affected

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, delbois said:

Out of interest is your Corolla a 1.8 or 2.0? May not be relevant but I'm not relishing another trip to the dealer after having done the 130 mile round trip 4 times already this year. 

It will be the 1.2t Hybrids are not affected

• Thanks 1

Oooh, rare! Don't see many of the 1.2 turbos! Nice! :thumbsup:

Huh, I thought you could only get the AWD ones in Japan! (Along with the eAWD Yaris! :laugh: )

Thanks for the comments. I think the current UK issue is with the 1.2 petrol engines although it seems the Denso fuel pump failure is a global problem. Dealer said this is a 2 stage fix. 1. Identify if the pump is damaged and 2. Rebook the car in for a fix if it is damaged. Technician I spoke to said they have checked many pumps but have only seen 1 which was faulty so they said it would probably wait for inspection until my second service at the end of September. Also since I have spent more time washing it than driving is through the lockdown, the low mileage is also a positive.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links