Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing the Aygo at a Lexus dealer

65mike

Hi all.

Might seem a strange thing but bear with me why explain.

The Aygo is coming up to a year old in September with 2500 miles on the clock so under warranty now the dealer the car was purchased from was Mod edit useless so do not want to go there ever again.

Now i take my Lexus to a main Lexus dealer which is near me  so was wondering if they can do the service and will the warranty be ok.

Don’t suppose anyone has tried this have they and if so how did they get on.

Thanks.

65Mike.

I suppose it will be the same as using any other garage under Block Exemption. Though not sure whether the Toyota digital service records can be accessed by a Lexus dealer, so you may have to keep separate service documentation yourself. As regards warranty work, that may still need to be handled within the Toyota dealer network.

Aside from that, will the Lexus dealer want to service a Toyota?? Would it be the same cost, as Lexus labour rates may be different. The choice would be theirs though.

Heard of taking the lexus to the toyota dealer for service after the guarantee period is over to save cost and unnecessary long time of travel to the lexus dealer but never the other way around. I suspect this is going to be expensiv and interesting.

Put the concern aside and just take your car to another Toyota dealer, surely somewhere in Hertfordshire or near neighbour county there is another Toyota dealer.

They may not stock the parts (filters & sump plug) for the 1.0 engine as I don’t believe it made it into any Lexus models? (Maybe cygnet?) 

Other than that they can almost certainly do it - be interested to see what they would charge?? Maybe another Toyota dealership is a better option though - even if it’s an hour away, it’s only one trip a year

The Cygnet was the Aston Martin version of the IQ and came as a 1.33 - aside from the one-off 4.7 litre V8 (courtesy of the AM Vantage S).

20 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The Cygnet was the Aston Martin version of the IQ and came as a 1.33 - aside from the one-off 4.7 litre V8 (courtesy of the AM Vantage S).

Ahh yea - that’s the one! Thanks Frosty