Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo swap

Tony T Bone Simms

Hi guys need help and I'll bet you've done it already  if a 2017 aygo old stereo in can anyone tell me will a 2019 the sat nav drop straight in or have I got to buy bits for it ..thanks in advance 

On the pre-facelift models (prior to mid 2018) with touch screen multimedia (X-touch), there was a sat nav module (called X-nav), etc you could install. 

On post-facelift (from mid 2018), the sat nav module was replaced by multimedia units with Apple Carplay and Android Auto.  The older multimedia units had two physical buttons on the fascia, whereas the newer units with Apple Carplay/Android Auto have three buttons.

There are topics in the Aygo club which describe swapping these units over. Used units may be available from eBay, breakers, etc.

I've seen 2019 on eBay looks the right shape for 180 well that drop right in or is there cables tec to buy??

Old version without Carplay/Android Auto:

image.thumb.png.0166112ee20467d49d77a9de1c1470f5.png

Later version with Carplay/Auto:

image.thumb.png.a16e8ed704b817c1d9537d0da80a5e6d.png

If you're swapping a touch screen unit for the later unit, should be plug and play. 

Also see:

• Like 1

It is a straight swap.  I took the sat nav 2 button touchscreen out of my daughters 2014 Aygo and replaced it with the 3 button carplay/android auto unit.  Because the previous unit was the sat nav version, you have to unplug the sat nav module behind the unit in the wiring, took me a whole hour to figure that out, as it will not work without doing this.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi Bobby

Did the reversing camera work after install of the newer head unit?

Yes, it was really a plug and play swap and everything worked fine.  I'll say again, its a totally worthwhile upgrade if you can source the unit.

• 5 months later...

Hi, bobby. Where did you get the unit? Alsi do you know what gb and ram unit you got? I hust bought a 2014 aygo and want to make the exact same change. 

Bobby fitted the standard tripleplay radio 86140-YY020 this has android auto and Apple car play

when you are talking gb/ram these are the no name Chinese tablet radios, avoid these at all costs, no support, no warrantee, manual or destructions (well not usable ones anyway)