Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement tailgate for Toyota Regius

SteveMit

Hi, last year we bought a Toyota Regius 2001 which is a Japanese import that was converted to a campervan. We have accidently broken the rear window and despite numerous phone calls we can't source a rear window replacement. Does anyone know who might be able to replace the glass?

If we cannot find the glass then I'll need to replace the whole tailgate. We found a couple of people online who have tailgates but they are for a Toyota Hiace Regius. Does anyone know if the Hiace Regius tailgate will fit a standard Regius? Are they the same? One seller says they are but the pictures he sent look slightly different from our van though this may just be the angle and it is a 300 mile journey to see in person.

Thanks in advance, 

Steve

Edited by SteveMit
Typo

You could see whether the tailgate glass from the 1996-2006 Hiace Powervan is suitable as this is based on the same body as the Granvia/Regius -

image_2021-08-10_173933.png

Powervan 2.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion but the Regius has a bonded rear screen which is slightly curved at the outer edges so the Powerevan screen would not work. But I appreciate you suggesting it. 

Thanks

Steve

Another member asked a similar question, it maybe you under another username

only real option is to wait for a tailgate to come up or import a used item from Japan