Do Not Sell My Personal Information

15 inch wheel option no longer offered in the uk đŸ˜©

MyOpinionIsWorthless

Although you can get a Prius in the new dark blue with panoramic cameras and Apple play

The more economic (also has spare) 15 inch wheel option is no longer available 

Won’t be buying a replacement anytime soon if that strategy continues

• Sad 1

I’m sure you could buy a set from Toyota parts and fit them - unless there is a physical reason why the 15s don’t fit, such as bigger brakes

2 minutes ago, Gray86 said:

I’m sure you could buy a set from Toyota parts and fit them - unless there is a physical reason why the 15s don’t fit, such as bigger brakes

Agreed, but having no option to choose your preferred wheel size is not custumer friendly., if 15” are not suitable because of the brake callipers then 16” will do it, that’s what I had done to my Auris and happy days. 👍

Sad really. Kind of puts me off replacing my Prius anytime soon with a new Prius!

• Like 2

To be clear to Tony and Gray it’s not about fit. The 15 inch wheel option available on this model since 2016 has been withdrawn. 
Thus the spare wheel option has been withdrawn. 

The base model active comes with 15" alloys the rims are around ÂŁ140 each plus tpms sensor and tire

Edit. the Active comes a full size spare (15")

46 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The base model active comes with 15" alloys the rims are around ÂŁ140 each plus tpms sensor and tire

Edit. the Active comes a full size spare (15"

Ok panic over

They must have been updating their website. The “with 15 inch wheels” are now showing

On the topic of 15" wheels, any suggestions on a reasonably priced source of 15" steel rims for a Prius?

I'm considering getting a full size, full speed spare but finding suitable steel rims is proving difficult, many of the usual online outlets don't list anything for the Prius.

1 hour ago, AJones said:

On the topic of 15" wheels, any suggestions on a reasonably priced source of 15" steel rims for a Prius?

I'm considering getting a full size, full speed spare but finding suitable steel rims is proving difficult, many of the usual online outlets don't list anything for the Prius.

In this case best to look for wheels from another make or model that match the sizes of the Prius . I found these wheels that may fit but you will need to confirm with seller about the Size. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-75-6-5-J-X-15-STEEL-WHEEL-RRC110007PMN-New-Genuine-MG-ROVER-/402218260478?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/toyota/prius/2019/

If one of the lovely members here who has one can give you the wheel stats (i.e. width, offset/ET, PCD, etc.) you can search for them based on that.

Alternatively, and this is what I did when searching for 15" rims for my Mk4, speak to the parts people at your dealer to see if they can source the right rims for you, or at least get you a part number of the correct rims.

Mine was a bit trickier as 15" rims were never made available in this country for the Yaris Mk4, only Ireland and the EU, and none of my dealers were very helpful, but our very own PartsKing once again came to the rescue and was able to get me part numbers of all the needed bits!

4 hours ago, AJones said:

Years ago, I bought an alloy wheel and winter tyre combination from MyTyres. These were 15 inch, and have fitted my Gens 2, 3 and 4 with their 16, 17 and 15 inch original wheels. They are still available, and can be bought individually. At the time, they were significantly cheaper than buying the winter tyre offerings from my local (and excellent) dealer.

I've now switched to Michelin all season tyres, but the winter ones survived 8 winters in rather better condition than the Toyota originals. I haven't got the details to hand, but I can probably find them fairly easily.

FWIW, I think the main size difference was the offset, which was slightly different from the original wheels, but from looking around well within acceptable limits.