Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speed limit warnings

FiestaRed

Apologies for a second question but I am completely new to Toyota after many years in different Astra models. Is there any way on the Corolla I can set a warning to let me know when I exceed a certain speed limit?

In the Astra's there was a function where you could enter a speed and if you went over this there was a warning "Beep" letting you know.

I have looked in the manual but can't see anything obvious. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Again, Mike, I can only relate to mine, but somewhere in the settings I can set a beep when I exceed the exact speed limit, of a beep when I exceed by 3 mph.  I admit it is not easy to find the setting, but of course once set that’s it, it’s not something you change every journey.               
Other then that, I got cruise control but also set max speed. I use that so if I going through a 20 zone, set it at 20 and the car won’t go faster then that no matter how much foot pressure on the accelerator. Deactivates with the flick of a switch.

• Like 1

Thanks Joe. Any idea which menu in the setting you may have visited to get the speed warning please?

Again, like Joe my car has an older version of the system in your car & there is on mine a facility to be warned about exceeding the speed limit - which I turned off 😛. I would have to go look for where though after 4 years!

Btw have you downloaded the full manual for your car (not just looking in the condensed starter one that will have come with the car)? You should be able to find it via MyToyota.

• Like 1

Assuming the new Corolla's systems are similar to the new Yaris, I don't think you can set it to beep if you exceed an arbitrary speed value (i.e. a speed you can set yourself).

There is a speed limiter function, which you can set to a desired speed, and the car will flat out refuse to go over this speed unless you floor the accelerator.

There is also a setting in the RSA (Road Sign Assist) settings, which catlover mentions, which lets you enable a visual warning or a visual warning and beep if you exceed what the car thinks is the speed limit by a user-selectable amount.

Using the steering wheel controls, on the Yaris at least, I think it's under Settings (The cog) -> RSA -> Excess speed notification method

By default it's set to visual warning but no beep.

Not the best solution, as the system can be wildly inaccurate (On the way home just now it was showing a 5mph speed limit on the motorway! I just can't fathom how it's seeing these mystery signs!), but may be close enough to what you want?

• Like 1

Noticed this on a previous thread. Could be what you are looking for.

Screenshot_20210812-175035_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Just found it with a bit of a search. It’s on the screen…. Setup-Map-Speed Limits (on map and audible) and it allows to choose either or both, or neither to show on map and audible warning if exceed speed limit by 3, 6, 9, 12 mph

• Like 1

A really big thank you for all the replies. I'll give it a whirl in the morning and let you know how I get on.