Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Failure of Sat Nav traffic info ?

DavidinDerbyshire

I just had my second away from home drive of my 68 reg C-HR Excel and having fed in a destination expected the traffic info along the route to be displayed, i.e. the vertical strip to the left of the map screen. It wasn't. And it remained out of use for the rest of the 200 mile return journey along A roads and m-ways including the M62 and M1. The choice of seeing ALL roadworks and delays was available in  the manual option but the useful vertical strip never worked. Traffic info was set to pick up from the radio, rather than internet, and in all my other Toyotas with sat navs it has worked well on the same settings. Am I doing something wrong or could it be a fault I should pick up whilst under warranty?   I can't believe that my trip, which involved several hold-ups such as the A57 at Mottram, didn't have any information I should have had.  Has anyone else had this experience?

On 8/13/2021 at 12:14 PM, DavidinDerbyshire said:

I just had my second away from home drive of my 68 reg C-HR Excel and having fed in a destination expected the traffic info along the route to be displayed, i.e. the vertical strip to the left of the map screen. It wasn't. And it remained out of use for the rest of the 200 mile return journey along A roads and m-ways including the M62 and M1. The choice of seeing ALL roadworks and delays was available in  the manual option but the useful vertical strip never worked. Traffic info was set to pick up from the radio, rather than internet, and in all my other Toyotas with sat navs it has worked well on the same settings. Am I doing something wrong or could it be a fault I should pick up whilst under warranty?   I can't believe that my trip, which involved several hold-ups such as the A57 at Mottram, didn't have any information I should have had.  Has anyone else had this experience?

Resolved this issue myself. I discovered that having a USB stick in to play music somehow jams the traffic signal input. Removed it and set a destination and Lo and behold the "traffic delays on route" came up straightaway.  Maybe it shouldn't do that but as long as it's working I'm happy to give my playlist on the USB a miss. 

• Confused 1

you might want to report that bug to Toyota multimedia.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 6:25 PM, DavidinDerbyshire said:

Resolved this issue myself. I discovered that having a USB stick in to play music somehow jams the traffic signal input. Removed it and set a destination and Lo and behold the "traffic delays on route" came up straightaway.  Maybe it shouldn't do that but as long as it's working I'm happy to give my playlist on the USB a miss. 

I used the 'Confused' emoji because that is a very strange problem. In the past when I played music from USB via Connects2 iconnect and Sony CD radio cassette and CD changer, I had a weird problem with one particular track I downloaded. If I played this track, the stereo would do strange things. I found the track causing the issue and deleted it. To be sure, used another USB memory stick without that track, and all was well. I think tested that track on another USB stick and the bug was there. So I would try another USB or do tests, to find out if a trojan has injected one of the tracks.

• Like 1