Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT App Vehicle Verification Not Possible for Leaseholders

Saxacat

To verify my RAV4 on the MyT app, apparently I need to input the katashiki number that is displayed on the V5C document. Since I only lease the car I will never have access to the V5C (I'm not even sure who does hold the document).

Is there a workaround for this?

Am I missing any functionality on the app with it not being verified?

Thanks

Eddie

Is that not the VIN number?  If it is then it’s displayed on a number of places on the car, front screen, right hand seat, door (I think).

No, not the VIN. Its something I'd never heard of, but according to the app it is on the V5C in the vehicle details part, in a box labelled 'Version'!

It's the 'Version Code' you're being asked for to verify the vehicle is yours. But who would hold the V5 for the vehicle I would guess the lease company.

Screenshot Toyota.jpg

Just checked my V5C and yes there are a couple of sections D1 = Toyota D2 has three sub section, Type, Variant and Version.

I’ve checked my MyT app and it’s not recorded there but my RAV4P was private so I had a Toyota order number and that is what seems to have been used to set up the app.

7 minutes ago, FiestaRed said:

It's the 'Version Code' you're being asked for to verify the vehicle is yours. But who would hold the V5 for the vehicle I would guess the lease company.

Screenshot Toyota.jpg

Thanks, I might try the leasing company, although I suspect it could be the finance company Kinto, which is actually owned byToyota. 

5 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Just checked my V5C and yes there are a couple of sections D1 = Toyota D2 has three sub section, Type, Variant and Version.

I’ve checked my MyT app and it’s not recorded there but my RAV4P was private so I had a Toyota order number and that is what seems to have been used to set up the app.

Yes, it is the "version' box that holds the details I need. thanks for looking.

• Like 1

@Saxacat, could you not ask the lease company to provide you with the information?  The MyT app is very useful and if you want to designate trips as business mileage etc., it provides an easy way to do that.  The trips are all recorded and there is a slide button to record it as business.

• Like 1

I’ve just rechecked the Toyota UK process for MyT app registration and the following YouTube details the process.  I’ve not seen anywhere that requests the version number.

• Like 1

This is what the app shows me...

Screenshot_20210813-172822_MyT.jpg

OK, If your not able to get the number from the lease company then the only thing you can do is contact Toyota UK?

48 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I’ve just rechecked the Toyota UK process for MyT app registration and the following YouTube details the process.  I’ve not seen anywhere that requests the version number.

It's in the online app, not the one on a mobile.

4 hours ago, Saxacat said:

To verify my RAV4 on the MyT app, apparently I need to input the katashiki number that is displayed on the V5C document. Since I only lease the car I will never have access to the V5C (I'm not even sure who does hold the document).

Is there a workaround for this?

Am I missing any functionality on the app with it not being verified?

Thanks

Eddie

PM you Vin and I can give you the required code

Oh god. I had this with the last company car (Peugeot) which is essence an ARVAL lease but the issue extended beyond the app and into making the sat nav get traffic updates and more. Took me 8 weeks and about 20 hours of effort to get it sorted.

I feel for you on this. My car gets delivered in 10 days. I asked the Toyota fleet manager who said all I needed to get the MyT app working was the current mileage. Sounded weird. VIN number is fine if that is all that is required as I can get that off the car but if there's this version number I feel I'm going to enter a world of pain again. 

Presumably the car's connected services also need to be enabled somehow.  For OTA updates, traffic information, where is my car, charge status etc. How does that get sorted on a lease car?

I left a message for the fleet manager over a week ago about getting the order number so I could set up an account on the Toyota website as per Ernies suggestion but he hasn't come back to me.

😥😥😥😥😥😥

So I just downloaded the toyota app MyT onto my android phone. I created an account from there. Entered my name and email address in the sign up, verified my email then using the new account logged into the MyT app.

This let's me add a new car by selecting one of either VIN or registration plate. See screenshot. This is too simple to be true? I'm sceptical. 

So why is it different for the OP? Why ask people for a version number? Why is it not consistent? 

I hate this stuff. Drives me nuts. 😭

Just now, Nick72 said:

So I just downloaded the toyota app MyT onto my android phone. I created an account from there. Entered my name and email address in the sign up, verified my email then using the new account logged into the MyT app.

This let's me add a new car by selecting one of either VIN or registration plate. See screenshot. This is too simple to be true? I'm sceptical. 

So why is it different for the OP? Why ask people for a version number? Why is it not consistent? 

I hate this stuff. Drives me nuts. 😭

Now with pic. I'm a dumbass.

Screenshot_20210813-221021_MyT.jpg

Hi All,

just to clarify, the app does work, it tells me where the car is supposed to be, allows me to plan a journey and send to the car, shows the mileage etc...

It just tells me on the account page that 'Completion Status is 86%'

My concern was/is, I'm not sure if there is some functionality that is not available to me until I get 100% completion status.

cheers

Eddie

• Like 1

You need to get the car and then you'll need to register the Navigation system.  There is a process for this on the Toyota web site, various numbers from the head unit etc.  It took a few minutes to sort out I seem to remember, but then once that's done you can send destinations etc. to the car and get the communication between the app and the car.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ernieb said:

You need to get the car and then you'll need to register the Navigation system.  There is a process for this on the Toyota web site, various numbers from the head unit etc.  It took a few minutes to sort out I seem to remember, but then once that's done you can send destinations etc. to the car and get the communication between the app and the car.

I've had the car since May and have done all the above; as I say the app works, it just informs me my account is not 100% completed and I wondered if I was missing some functionality due to that.

Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part. I guess that's difficult to know but is there anything that looks greyed out?  I think mine showed something like that until I'd set up the connected services. 

I'm not sure if there are any differences between the Hybrid and PHEV versions other than maybe charging settings and climate preconditioning control.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part. I guess that's difficult to know but is there anything that looks greyed out?  I think mine showed something like that until I'd set up the connected services. 

I'm not sure if there are any differences between the Hybrid and PHEV versions other than maybe charging settings and climate preconditioning control.  

No prob. Nothing greyed out as such; if I click on service history, I get told I need to 'verify the car', but I've not had a service yet anyway.

There has been a change to the app in the last week or so, on the main page there is a new option 'Connected Service Center' 

Selecting this option then opens a window with 2 buttons 'Activated' and 'Available'

'Activated' just tells me the 'Service Benefits' and allows me the option to 'Deactivate'

'Available' tells me I don’t t have any eligible services available to me.

So I'm guessing if there is functionality I'm missing it is likely to be in the 'Available' option; but of course it could just be that part of the app is designed for the PHEV only.

12 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

PM you Vin and I can give you the required code

Didn't Lee offer to help you out? Suggest that you take him up on the offer if you haven't already ... 😉

@Saxacat, mine is the same as your’s appeared in the last update.  The wording is also the same as yours so watch this space I guess.

As a side note, my lease providing company has a procedure to send me a photocopy of the registration documents if requested. I think it may be for foreign travel purposes so your lease company probably do to.

• Like 1

Apologies for the lateness, but the issue with verification has now been resolved; Toyota Customer Service sent me the required code, so problem solved.

Thanks to all those who offered advice and help, much appreciated.

I also discovered that my lease company do not own the car, Toyota are the owners; I did suspect this was the case as the finance company are Kinto, which is part of Toyota.

Cheers

Eddie

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saxacat said:

Apologies for the lateness, but the issue with verification has now been resolved; Toyota Customer Service sent me the required code, so problem solved.

Thanks to all those who offered advice and help, much appreciated.

I also discovered that my lease company do not own the car, Toyota are the owners; I did suspect this was the case as the finance company are Kinto, which is part of Toyota.

Cheers

Eddie

Glad you sorted it Eddie. These simple things can turn into a big headache and a daft run around consuming a lot of your time.

• Like 1