Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How easy to change clutch Avensis 2007 ?

dilligaf_76

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to change a clutch on a 1.8 Avensis 2007 plate?

The clutch on any Avensis is fairly straightforward but your mechanical skill should be above DIY level.Also access to a car lift is essential to do the job safely. Ask around local garages for a quote, remember the parts for this job are expensive ,Toyota main dealer is approximately £1350 depending on model to change a clutch. Parts vary from £350 to £650 so even DIY will cost you.

No way, I've seen a clutch kit you can get for around £100. Yes I have quite a good mechanical head on me so should be fairly easy, I just haven't done one on this car before...

Yes I had a look and you can find clutch kits for £100 or even less, price is all down to quality and as the clutch change takes a few hours it's best to use the best quality available.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 9:54 AM, dilligaf_76 said:

so should be fairly easy,

When you replace the clutch, maybe consider doing a guide for others to follow. As a former technician, I wouldn't say this is an 'easy' job but should be achievable for some home mechanics.

Regards

Okay buddy thanks, I will for sure share some detail when I do it...