Do Not Sell My Personal Information

X-shift hill start problems.

TheoNu

How do you use the hill start assist in an automatic (x-shift) Aygo? 

I’ve had the car a couple of days and cannot get it to hold on an incline, I’m having to use the hand break as though I’m on a really steep hill. 

Thank you 

How do you use the hill start assist in an automatic (x-shift) Aygo? 

I’ve had the car a couple of days and cannot get it to hold on an incline, I’m having to use the hand break as though I’m on a really steep hill in a manual. 

Thank you 

Moved to the Aygo club.

See page 279 of the full owners manual:

■Operating conditions of hill-start assist control

When the following four conditions are met, the hill-start assist control will operate:

●Vehicles with a multi-mode manual transmission: The shift lever is in a position other than N (when starting off forward/backward on an upward incline) ●Vehicles with a manual transmission: The shift lever is in a position other than R when starting off forward on an upward incline, or the shift lever is in R when starting off backward on an upward incline

●The vehicle is stopped

●The accelerator pedal is not depressed

●The parking brake is not engaged

■Automatic system cancelation of hill-start assist control

The hill-start assist control will turn off in any of the following situations:

●Vehicles with a multi-mode manual transmission: The shift lever is shifted to N

●Vehicles with a manual transmission: The shift lever is shifted to R when starting off forward on an upward incline, or the shift lever is shifted to other than R when starting off backward on an upward incline

●The accelerator pedal is depressed

●The parking brake is engaged

●2 seconds at maximum elapsed after the brake pedal is released

when you come to the top of the hill at a junction, just apply the foot brake and keep it there. When you're ready to move off, remove your foot from the brake and the hill assist comes on there as you move your foot to the accelerator. You'll know its working if you try to put your foot on the brake pedal again afterwards as the brake pedal won't actually work because the hill assist is holding it.

It took me a while to get used to it and trust it, but that's how to make it work essentially.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You need to press the foot break firmly to activate.

Tel

...and then it only holds for a few seconds so you need to move your foot switftly from brake to accelerator.