Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Proace CITY verso electric

HSDish

Looks like it's going into the same market as the transit connect

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/toyota-announces-new-proace-city-electric-compact-van/

https://www.parkers.co.uk/vans-pickups/news/2021/toyota-proace-city-electric/

https://www.vanarama.com/latest-news/toyota-confirms-proace-and-proace-city-electric-versions.html

Toyota is opening another chapter in its zero emission vehicle strategy with the announcement of a Battery electric version of its Proace City compact van. The new model will join the Battery electric Proace medium duty van in the Toyota Professional light commercial vehicle range. Proace City Electric will be available with a 50kw/h lithium-ion Battery, giving a maximum power output of 134bhp, ensuring smooth operation in low emission zones. Details and specifications of the UK model will be finalised in 2021 ahead of the new model’s introduction towards the end of the year.

Looks like Badge engineering

The Citroën Berlingo and Peugeot Partner/Rifter are almost identical panel vans and leisure activity vehicles produced by PSA Peugeot Citroën since 1996. The third generation is also sold as the Opel/Vauxhall Combo, and as the Toyota ProAce City from 2019.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Citroën_Berlingo

yep its another PSA Van

https://www.citroen.co.uk/about-citroen/news/citroen-e-berlingo-van.html

• Thanks 1

Well, you would expect Peugeot, Citroen, and now Vauxhall pushing out the same van different badges because they the same group, and there has been a link to Fiat on some vans for more then a few years, but for Toyota to get into bed with PSA is something I would have thought would happen. Needs and Musts have obviously played a big part. Interesting.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Well, you would expect Peugeot, Citroen, and now Vauxhall pushing out the same van different badges because they the same group, and there has been a link to Fiat on some vans for more then a few years, but for Toyota to get into bed with PSA is something I would have thought would happen. Needs and Musts have obviously played a big part. Interesting.

Thanks.

I think that the ordinarie Proace and former Aygo models has been connected to PSA for several years, though

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HSDish said:

Thanks.

I think that the ordinarie Proace and former Aygo models has been connected to PSA for several years, though

Are you in the market for that class of van?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Toyota to get into bed with PSA is something I would have thought would happen.

Toyota have been producing vehicles with PSA, now Stellantis, since 2005.

Firstly as part of the Joint Venture (now wholly owned by Toyota) building the Aygo/Citroen C1/Peugeot 107 from 2005, and then with the rebadged Citroen Jumpy/Despatch, Peugeot Expert, Fiat Scudo, and Toyota ProAce from 2013.  

The second generation Aygo/C1/108 came in 2014, followed by the second generation ProAce in 2016, and the ProAce City (Berlingo/Partner/Rifter/Vauxhall-Opel Combo) from 2019. Presumably as Fiat is part of Stellantis, there will also be a Fiat clone.

The UK aren't getting the ProAce City Verso - just the ProAce City panel van. Presumably if Europe gets the Corolla Cross, there will be too much overlap between the Corolla Cross and the ProAce City Verso in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Are you in the market for that class of van?

Yes, I think the City Verso electric would suit our needs nice for transporting our youngest daughters wheelchair (would replace our Prius + 2017 in that case) and for family trips. Intend to keep our Prius 2018 PHV for one and two person trips

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Firstly as part of the Joint Venture (now wholly owned by Toyota) building the Aygo/Citroen C1/Peugeot 107 from 2005, and then with the rebadged Citroen Jumpy/Despatch, Peugeot Expert, Fiat Scudo, and Toyota ProAce from 2013.  

The second generation Aygo/C1/108 came in 2014, followed by the second generation ProAce in 2016, and the ProAce City (Berlingo/Partner/Rifter/Vauxhall-Opel Combo) from 2019. Presumably as Fiat is part of Stellantis, there will also be a Fiat clone.

The UK aren't getting the ProAce City Verso - just the ProAce City panel van. Presumably if Europe gets the Corolla Cross, there will be too much overlap between the Corolla Cross and the ProAce City Verso in the UK.

Corolla Cross all electric would suit us perfect, if it comes to Sweden

24 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I knew, but forgot about the Aygo/C1/Pug107 - shouldnt have forgot, we had a C1

Although I have had a Dispatch and Scudo vans, I didnt relate to ProAce being involved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Apparently coming to relace the Doblo. As it is the Stellantis/Proace variants have pretty much 60% of that segment. https://carsalesbase.com/european-sales-2021-first-half-passenger-van/

The economics for Toyota to build their own vans in Europe just are not there.

• 2 months later...

Late last year Toyota GB said they had no plans to introduce the Proace City Verso into the UK, and they confirmed this in April 21.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Late last year Toyota GB said they had no plans to introduce the Proace City Verso into the UK, and they confirmed this in April 21.

Strange.

In this (linked abowe) article from 4may 2021 it says

"The new model will have a phased introduction in Europe, beginning with France, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom from the fourth quarter of 2021. Other markets will follow in the course of the year and in 2022."

The Proace City Electric van is available though.

Ugh that advert is everything wrong with EVs right now.

It's a work van! Who cares about 0-60 times?!

And 170 miles range unloaded?? That's already pretty poor - I suspect it'll struggle to do 100 miles when loaded up. Turn on the AC or heating and be lucky to even get that! Why don't they just put another layer of batteries in it and double the range?? It's a van so presumably it has a flat load floor... Nobody'll miss a couple of inches!

At least they thought about visibility and put in parking sensors, but I'm not sure what a 180 degree system is... I wonder if they meant 360 degree?? (Still wish my Mk4 had that from the jappy model!!)

15 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I'm not sure what a 180 degree system is

It is a 180 degree colour reversing camera - which may be quite useful on a van.

Could be, but they already mention a reversing camera, so I can't imagine they'd mention it twice, and the reversing camera just looks like a normal one, not an unusually wide angle one. I do like it has dynamic guide lines... wish mine had those! It does say "all-around birdseye view" wrt the 180 degree thing, so I strongly suspect it is just a typo...

7 hours ago, Cyker said:

Ugh that advert is everything wrong with EVs right now.  It's a work van! Who cares about 0-60 times?!

And 170 miles range unloaded?? That's already pretty poor - I suspect it'll struggle to do 100 miles when loaded up. Turn on the AC or heating and be lucky to even get that! Why don't they just put another layer of batteries in it and double the range?? It's a van so presumably it has a flat load floor... Nobody'll miss a couple of inches!

At least they thought about visibility and put in parking sensors, but I'm not sure what a 180 degree system is... I wonder if they meant 360 degree?? (Still wish my Mk4 had that from the jappy model!!)

Apart from those couple of inches could be critical for some usage, the loss of payload kg could be more critical to many users…… and maybe lessen the number of buyers…… in turn making the van unmarketable and therefore withdrawn from the market. I reckon the likes of Toyota, and other manufacturers, weigh up factors such as that at the design stage.

12 hours ago, Cyker said:

Could be, but they already mention a reversing camera

The Proace City is a clone of the (Stellantis) Peugeot Partner/Citroen Berlingo/Vauxhall Combo.

There are two Visio Park systems - system 1 being a 180 degree camera, and system 2 a 360 degree camera. The version fitted to the Toyota clone is system 1.

Huh, you learn something new every day! I knew it was a rebadged Berlingo, but didn't know there were two camera systems...

12 hours ago, Catlover said:

Apart from those couple of inches could be critical for some usage, the loss of payload kg could be more critical to many users…… and maybe lessen the number of buyers…… in turn making the van unmarketable and therefore withdrawn from the market. I reckon the likes of Toyota, and other manufacturers, weigh up factors such as that at the design stage.

Maybe, although if these are the same people that thought 17" rims on an economy-focused hybrid was a good idea then that explains much! :laugh: 

It just feels like it'd have a very limited use case; I know it would not be suitable for any of the people I know who drive a van for work purposes - and they're a varied bunch! - So that would make it quite niche, maybe local short-range Amazon couriers or something like that. Admittedly that is quite a big chunk of the pie now, with everyone buying stuff on-line instead of going to shops!

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links