Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New car

Philip Smith

Hi,I'm new to the club and will be getting my 2017 Prius very soon. It just the basic model so I will need Sat nav, traffic camera and a usb for my flash drive. Does the car have enough outlets for these items. Cheers Phil

In my Prius, but it is the Excel, in front of the centre arm rest is a USB port and a 12v aux socket (cig lighter as was). I use the usb for flash drive with music, and the aux socket I have bought a adapter that gives me 2x usb, one for dash cam and one for charging mobile which also has Waze sat nav. I now don’t bother with in car sat nav (as nice as it looks), I don’t even use my TomTom, it’s mobile phone and Waze every time now. It’s always up to date, and gives notification of hold ups etc and re routes.                
There is also a smaller aux round port in that area too.

Thanks for the information, will sort out a double usb for it.👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lovely car to drive, very relaxing. It’s coming up to 5 year old end of sept, I have had it just over 3 years. Due to lockdown and lack of regular use, in this last cold winter I did get caught out with a 12v Battery that was not strong enough to power the car up (no starter motor, nor alternator, nor clutch). I have a small mobile phone size Battery pack with crocodile clips I jumped across the Battery (under the bonnet) which started it. Now have a modern day slow charger, CTEK 5, which keeps both our hybrids on top of the game, recommended purchase. Went on holiday mid July to Norfolk 210 miles each way, about 750 miles in total week, and did just over 80 mpg. It loves summer days for good mpg, easy get over 70 mpg but in winter about 8 mpg less. Does yours have 15” tyres? If so you will get a comfy ride, the 17” low profiles a bit harsh.

• Like 1

Hi. Yes mine does have 15" wheels. Really looking forward to getting it . I have a Honda civic 1 liter turbo at the moment, nice car but can't get any more than 37mpg out of it. Be great to get some decent MPG.

When do you get the car, Philip?  What colour is it?  If you not had an hybrid before and you want good mpg, I suggest you go on You Tube. Loads of videos on there, mostly but not all from the USA, that lets you know how to get economy but not proving a hazard or nuisance to other traffic. “pulse and Pace” is a good one. A lot of it is observation and anticipation, which is not specific to hybrid drivers but to all motorists.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links