Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Purchase Advice : Toyota Avensis T25 2003-2009

Dream

Hello ! I intend to buy a Toyota Avensis and I got a few questions :
-I have a budget of 2000-3500 euro. Is that enough for the European market?
-What engine should I go for? 1.6 VVTI is any decent? Honestly I know the right answer is 1.8 VVTI but it might be easier to find 1.6 VVTIs and more maintained with less worn in my budget.

-What are the most common problems? Should I avoid the pre-facelift models? I have heard that patrols before 2005 have problems with oil consumption. Also, pre-facelift models have problems with the lights (they condensate inside) and the steering column. Is that right? 

-Are the interior materials of good quality?

-How is the reliability? I have asked other people about that and they said their cars reached more than 300.000-400.000 km and didn't require more than just oil, filters and new brakes. It kind of sounds too good 🙂

-How does it compare to Passat, Mondeo, Accord and Mazda6 ? My second choice is Mazda6, but what brings me closer to the Avensis is the strong build quality I have heard of, even better reliability and the looks (people say the Avensis looks bad - why? to me it resembles a mature and quiet type).

Best buy is 2006-2008 (facelift) 1.8 vvti.

They are very reliable if they have been regularly serviced.  Check for corrosion underneath (depends on the climate in your country).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links