Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Infotainment Sytem

FiestaRed

Not enjoying shopping, I sit in the car while my wife does the family shopping and while I'm sitting, I like to listen to the music. If it's not to daft a question, do I have to have the engine/power on while doing this please?

I sat in the car this morning, pressed the knob that says Power on the infotainment system thinking I could listen to the music this way but nothing happened until I put my foot on the brake and pressed the car's main start button. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

It's the same as any other modern vehicle. The car must be in accessory mode if you want to use accessories. To get into acc mode with push button start you press the start button once while not holding down the brake pedal. The keys will have to be in the car at the time. However it would also be a very good idea to have the car fully powered up. The hybrids have smaller than normal 12v batteries and it won't take long to discharge them. Having the car fully started means that it can keep the 12v Battery topped up. It will also mean that the engine will run for a minute or two every now and again.

• Like 2

As above but if you have it in acc mode the radio will turn off after 15 mins - leaving it in ready mode is the best bet

• Like 2

Brilliant, thanks for all the help. Really appreciated.

Only having had the car for three days, I'm still reaching for the gear lever and clutch  as I move off but I can't believe how easy the car is to drive. The only annoying thing is, why didn't I do it years ago?

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, FiestaRed said:

Only having had the car for three days, I'm still reaching for the gear lever and clutch  as I move off but I can't believe how easy the car is to drive. The only annoying thing is, why didn't I do it years ago?

I agree when you say "why didn't I do it years ago".  I feel I have found the car I been searching for since I was 17, though I didn't know that at the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FiestaRed said:

Me too!! :laugh: It's taken a few months to unlearn that, although my left foot still goes for the non-existent clutch when some moron forces me to stop abruptly!

At the moment, if I'm going to be stationary in a car park for a while, I normally put it into P, turn the car off, then turn it back on in Ready mode again, so the DRLs aren't on (I found, at least with my Mk4, when I first turn the car on the DRLs don't light up until I shift it out of P, then they stay on until the car is turned off again.)

That way I'm not blinding everyone with the DRLs while I'm stationary!

I don't think people realize how obnoxiously bright DRLs can be as they can't see their own.

• Like 1

Whilst on the subject .. sort of

Can you have 2 layers of folders? On my memory stick I have my music and a folder called 'wife' where there are more folders, one for each CDs worth of tracks favoured by my wife.

Fine on a laptop but when used in the car, the 'wife' folder is not visible but all the folders it contains are, but are mixed up with mine.