Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Map Version

FiestaRed

Is there a simple way I can check which version of maps I have in my car? I would assume that as I have only had the car a few days that the garage would have updated everything during the PDI but I guess that's not always the case.

Yes, in car, headunit> Setup>General>System Information . At the top there should be displayed software version & map version

If you have registered your head unit you can probably do it via MyToyota by simply seeing what map updates are offered for your car in the estore.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help Scott. I've go and check which one I have.

• Like 1

Found the software versions OK but not sure what they all mean. They read: A 1139, N 1160 and Navdb_version 2020 v2/

I have a an older version of the system so mine displays a bit different.

I would suggest that Navdb means Nav database so 2020 v2 would mean the 2nd half of  2020 one. At least in my version the actual map data  date tends to be behind the map release date as it takes months between Here passing it to Harman/Toyota & a new T2G map being released to the public by Toyota so you may or may not have the latest map for your car. Try checking for a map update (I think your car can do OTA which mine can't?) or hopefully someone with your version that has the latest map installed can confirm.

You probably already know this but as a reminder or for people that don't, you have 3 years of free updates from the date that your car was 1st registered.

Brilliant, thanks again Scott.

I have map version 2021 v1.

Your thought that the dealer would update the version was a forlorn hope.  My car, new in March 2020 had a 2019 version.  My private road was not on it.  It wasn't on WAZE either but they added it within hours once I reported it.  A Toyota update, which was available, to 2020v1 solved that problem.

Toyota do a map update twice a year though 'due to Covid' they were a little late.  They don't tell you when an update is available, probably so their servers are not swamped.

Thanks for the help Roy. Can I ask where I can find the map updates please?

https://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/

You should be able to stumble through it.  I believe the direct Wi-Fi download to your car might be only GB and I and I am not sure if that includes cameras.

if you use a clean 32Gb USB drive and a PC you can get the whole of Europe.  I may be wrong here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

https://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/

You should be able to stumble through it.  I believe the direct Wi-Fi download to your car might be only GB and I and I am not sure if that includes cameras.

if you use a clean 32Gb USB drive and a PC you can get the whole of Europe.  I may be wrong here.

You are correct Roy.

Quite a few people, myself included, have reported missing speed cameras when updating via Wi-Fi. USB is the way to go.

• Like 1

Have a look at the thread on here 2021v1 map update now available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FiestaRed said:

Thanks for the help Roy. Can I ask where I can find the map updates please?

I find it easier going through the estore on MyToyota than https://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/.  It's not particularly intuitive as at first it may look like you will charged for the update but you won't be - you'll get used to it.

• Like 1

The problem I find is lack of familiarity.  We update no more frequently then 6 months and the process is not intuitive. 

I suggest start with a pencil and paper and record all the steps you taje6, including false, and then write out the proper steps.  Keep it safe (says someone who has yet to do it). 

• Like 1

Just to be clear, that is Toyota.co.uk and not Mytoyota App. 

Now I logged in. 

Selected Explore Maps and Apps 

Clicked Basket 

Selected Maps

Clicked the 2021v1 map

Clicked Purchases 

Selected Active

Selected the 2021 v1, and had options to Download to USB, print the key etc

Nb, when I just returned as typing this I only got instructions. 

===

As I say, very poor Intereface

• Like 1

I will just add that when the website offers you a "download to USB" that does NOT mean it will copy the file to your USB stick. What you ACTUALLY need to do is download the file to your PC. Then you unzip the contents and copy them to your USB thumb drive.

You should end up with a single folder (I think it's called "FMU" or similar) which typically contains four files. Don't just copy the four files - that doesn't work, as I found out!

Plug the thumb drive into your car's USB port on the underside of the dash. The car should see it straight away and start the process. You will need a long code to authorise the installation*. Once the install is underway leave the car in Ready mode. Go and have a few cups of tea. The whole process takes over an hour to complete. The car may fire up briefly to keep the Battery topped up.

*If you didn't write down the code when you downloaded the file go back to your Toyota account and look for the new map under "purchases". I think you'll find the code there.

All in all a weird website, a weird procedure and a bit of a faff but you get used to these idiosyncrasies once you've done it once or twice. 😏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Velvet--Glove said:

The whole process takes over an hour to complete. 

If you don't intend taking the car out of the UK or only to a few other countries you can cut this time down significantly by selecting to load only those few selected maps that you will use.

If you are moderately techie you can also  edit the file with the authorisation code so that you don't have to manually input during installation it but tbh that's as much/more effort  than inputting it manually anyway. 🤣

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

If you don't intend taking the car out of the UK or only to a few other countries you can cut this time down significantly by selecting to load only those few selected maps that you will use.

No, that is not an option with my headunit. You cannot choose which countries you want, it's all or nothing with the USB download.

I've not done it myself as I don't have enough mobile data but the over-the-air download can give you smaller/quicker GB maps only. I gather that this option doesn't include speed camera data,though.

I did not know you could edit the files... but I don't feel inclined to do that. I would probably mess it up. I don't mind the long wait, the car's usually In my garage when I do it, where I can keep an eye on it. Or it can always be done while driving somewhere, it's no biggie.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Velvet--Glove said:

No, that is not an option with my headunit. You cannot choose which countries you want, it's all or nothing with the USB download.

afaik it should be. Yes, the download to USB is all or nothing but the upload to the head unit shouldn't be. https://myportalcontent.toyota-europe.com/estore/assets/maps/helpdoc/Map+Configuration+User+Guide+ConsOne.pdf

1 hour ago, Heidfirst said:

afaik it should be. Yes, the download to USB is all or nothing but the upload to the head unit shouldn't be. https://myportalcontent.toyota-europe.com/estore/assets/maps/helpdoc/Map+Configuration+User+Guide+ConsOne.pdf

Nope. I've had another look in the eStore and the options described in the above document are just not there.

There's a map of the update online showing the areas covered by the map but you can't select or ignore individual countries. There is no request to supply software information and all of the screenshots in that document bear no relation to what I see on the eStore|Maps website or on my vehicle's head unit.

As far as I can tell it's all countries for both the download and the installation.

Perhaps things changed when the new Corolla came along - or maybe I'm blind and can't see the obvious. Can anyone else confirm or contest what I see regarding map updates for a 2019 Corolla??

You are correct Chris. You cannot choose which map region to install. I could with my Auris, but with the Corolla it's all or nothing.😡

That's a nope from me too .. 2021 Corolla. I don't see any of that document either

4 minutes ago, 50p said:

That's a nope from me too .. 2021 Corolla. I don't see any of that document either

Thanks for the confirmation guys. Sometimes I really do wonder if I'm missing something blindingly obvious. Particularly so with a website that is so poorly laid out it's very easy to overlook something! 😂

That page is for a version of T2G before MM19 so a lot of it won't be relevant to your version but I would be very surprised if Toyota did away with the ability to choose which maps can be loaded as it was added due to customer requests ...

Hopefully Devon Aygo will be able to confirm one way or another.