Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Floor mat retainers

ace8800

Hi all, just got myself a little Aygo (5 door 2013) for commuting to work and back. Im quiet familiar with Toyota and Lexus as i have had plenty in the last 10-15yrears. 

So my question is; i wanted to buy some mats and i dont have any retaining hooks/clips on the carpet for the mats to fix into. I dont know if they were any on the car before, but all i can see are two holes in the cars carpet. I asked Toyota and they told me they dont sell these and if i wanted them i needed a new carpet with the retaining hooks/clips attached. Surely they're has to be another option?

I have seen these, but just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and if they used these and they worked?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-DS3-DS4-C1-C3-C5-C4-PICASSO-FLOOR-MAT-CARPET-CLIPS-PLASTIC-REPAIR-FIXING-/193515657450?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Have a look at the pic and you'll understand what i mean. 😀

IMG-20210816-WA0005.jpg

Have a look at Devon Aygo's post of 21st May in the following topic:

Those are the clips that go on the floor mats (pic1). If you look at picture2, thats what i need, they state if you have these then the item in picture 1 will work.

I think i might just buy the ones in my original post and take a chance.

All sorted and Fitted them (in my original post) in 10mins. Get you hand under the carpet and hold bottom part still whist you pop the top part in place.. give it a good squeeze. 

Moment of truth will be when genuine toyota mats arrive Monday to see if they fix in. . If they dont the kit came with fixing for the mat too, so can be changed. 

Pic 1: retaining clips attached 

Pic2: side panel and weather stip need to be moved to get your hand under the carpet.

20210821_185422.jpg

20210821_185437.jpg

Next step is to get it serviced at Toyota and enjoy 12month of warranty 😁