Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Register My Multimedia

FiestaRed

Stuck again I'm afraid, really finding this far from simple. I'm trying register my multimedia through the MyT app online. Following the stages shown online I first get stuck finding "System Information". All I can find is Software Update and Software Information.

Not even sure which unit to start with, I know it Touch 2 With Go but no sure if I have Generation 1 or Generation 2.

Anyone able to help a poor soul out please?

You are trying harder then I did 3 years ago Mike. I gave it up as a bad job very quickly and not bothered with it since. I dont think I missed out, in fact the pleasure of driving a nice car without any mither may have been enhanced.

• Like 1

Thanks Joe, I'm afraid I'm just about at that stage too. The car is far superior to any Vauxhall I've ever had, I only wish I could say the same about the Toyota software systems, very confusing.

I have only ever registered the head unit via the website not the app.

I believe that yours is a generation 2 T2G.

This may help 

If not, your dealer shouild be able to help or you can contact Toyota Multimedia.

• Like 2

As Scott has said it’s much easier to register the mm via the website the app is as much use as a chocolate teapot.

if you have not done so set up an account on the website then enter your car details the vin number or reg and the version number which is on the V5 it’s the last part of the version number once set up you should get an id code which you enter into the mm.

make sure the mm is connected to the internet either via your phone or wi fi go to set up on the mm then scroll down to online then toyota online and enter your email if it’s not already there click on map update and see if the device ID is there if not you need to enter it once you have it.  make sure you enter it correctly ie lower and upper case letters.

I know I had a real problem with my corolla took me ages you have to enter the cars mileage then drive the car for approx 1 mile then enter the mileage again and switch of the car for 10 minutes sorry I can’t remember the correct procedure it does tell you on the website.

if you can’t get it to work contact your dealer as they should have set it up for you anyway.

good luck👍

• Like 1

It's a touch 2 but the MM19 Version

You need to do it on the website, it then shows up on the App

Setup button - general - System information - It's the Device id you require IIRC