Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hilux limp mode

Lillux06

I have a 2006 n70 that occasionally goes into limp mode, we had it scanned and it comes up with major fuel leak, which we’ve ruled out and it clearly doesn’t have. Normally when it goes into limp mode I can just turn the key and it resets and it’s fine. Lately I’ve been having to pull over and leave the car off for a few minutes for it to reset. It generally happens if I run the revs too high before changing gears, but this morning happened going around a corner with revs considerably low. 
It’s just been serviced and had the fuel filter replaced (which was ****** and probably half my issue in the first place) but I’m still having the issue of going into limp mode at random. If anyone has any ideas or has had something similar happen I’d appreciate any help!

P0093 Major fuel leak is not necessarily an actual leak, all the car can tell is the pressure between high pressure pump and common rail pressure sensor suddenly drops, there are lots of possibilities:

image.thumb.png.7b59467c75c22ef3c53f2296a71ed84b.png

MONITOR DESCRIPTION The ECM constantly monitors the internal fuel pressure of the common rail after the engine is started. The ECM sets this DTC if the drop in the internal fuel pressure is large when the fuel is injected.

In the common rail system, high-pressure fuel is always supplied to the high-pressure areas including the supply pump, common rail, injectors, and piping. The ECM adjusts the suction control valve opening angle to obtain the desired fuel pressure. If this DTC is set, the ECM enters fail-safe mode. The fail-safe mode suspends both fuel injection and supply pump operation, and then stops the engine. Before stopping the engine, the ECM permits the vehicle to be driven for 1 minute. The fail-safe mode continues until the ignition switch is turned off

The diagnosis is long winded an requires use of a compatible diagnostic computer, you can access information HERE access is chargeable by hour, day, moth etc but all content can be downloaded and saved

Look for bulletin EG-8006 which streamlines the diag process down to 28 pages 

• 2 years later...
On 8/17/2021 at 5:51 AM, Lillux06 said:

I have a 2006 n70 that occasionally goes into limp mode, we had it scanned and it comes up with major fuel leak, which we’ve ruled out and it clearly doesn’t have. Normally when it goes into limp mode I can just turn the key and it resets and it’s fine. Lately I’ve been having to pull over and leave the car off for a few minutes for it to reset. It generally happens if I run the revs too high before changing gears, but this morning happened going around a corner with revs considerably low. 
It’s just been serviced and had the fuel filter replaced (which was ****** and probably half my issue in the first place) but I’m still having the issue of going into limp mode at random. If anyone has any ideas or has had something similar happen I’d appreciate any help!

My 05 hilux 3.0D4D went into limp mode as soon as I changed the exhaust system to 3inch straight pipe to turbo (dumppipe) high revs and engine light came on!! Did oil change/oil filter, changed stepper motor and air flow sensor, yet 2 weeks later same problem happened to me!!

many exhaust/tuners said you need a tune so I did a tune at first tune it was a fail I done a second tune so far so good!! But I do not recommend ppl to change stock exhaust just keep factory exhaust on to avoid any troubles...  only problem I know it can be actually two is intake is dirty needs manually removed and cleaned and second is stock turbo is on its way and can't handle power anymore either get new stock one or upgrade to little bigger.. 

Another thing also can be is if you gone to aftermarket air filter I suggest put stock back on the stock one has a lip on top that air filter cover sits on top to seal any air leak!! I did it too it's another help... my mechanic friend told me if anything else fuel filter!! With these cars you gotta be on time with can't let them drive dry... I put a snorkel on and put an aftermarket air filter and had the issues thinking it may be the exhaust but so far so good when I put the stock air filter back in..