Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dual Mass Flywheel Or Not?

dilligaf_76

Can anyone tell me how I find out if my 2007 1.8 Avensis has a dual mass flywheel or not?

I'm wondering how many topics is need to be started about these flywheel/clutch questions? Everyone of them is related to one topic.

21 minutes ago, JiiN said:

I'm wondering how many topics is need to be started about these flywheel/clutch questions? Everyone of them is related to one topic.

It pedends on how member use the forum - post on an existing thread or start a new topic. They either have just asked without searching, or not found a specific answer. Also there could be many more people that are not even members, that have viewed the forum for answers. That is how I dicovered this forum, when I had an unusual problem. I got the solution then, so joined the forum.

Back to the original topic, most natuaral aspirated engines petrol engines, don't have the torque pulses like diesel and turbo charged engines, so don't need a DMF. So all 1.8 and 2.0 petrol Avensis cars from T22 to T27 have a standard solid flywheel. It's the diesels that are mostly DMF unless converted to single mass flywheel! 

• Like 1

Well that statement is unhelpful and a waste of time, pointless!

On 8/18/2021 at 9:08 AM, dilligaf_76 said:

Well that statement is unhelpful and a waste of time, pointless!

Hi Craig, not taking it personally, but I assume you are responding to the same post from JiiN, that I replied to? That is why I tried to explain how different people use the forum to get their answers. Sometimes you need to be sure for your specific car. My style is to be detailed (sometimes with spelling mistakes), covering the subject as well as giving the answer. So when somebody see any of my replies, they might find helpful info. 
If you cannot find an answer on the forum, ask for yourself, like you did with this post. 
Hope your clutch replacement goes well. 👍

• Thanks 1

Yes I was and like you said ask for yourself, well that's exactly what I did as upon searching I could not find the answer, you guys are really confusing matters lol

• Haha 1