Do Not Sell My Personal Information

E10Fuel

David Brown 1955

Hi I am a new member 

I have a 1996 Toyota Starlet 1332 will it take the new unleaded E10 fuel

image.jpg

Although Toyota Europe hasn't produced compatibility information for models prior to 1998, some Australian guidance I've seen, says no for the Starlet pre- July 1999.

Super unleaded will remain as E5.

I’ve just been in Sainsbury’s to fill up and E10 fuel is Octane 95      and E5 is Octane 97 it says in my owners manual that the Starlet can use Octane 95 or higher so does this mean I can use E10 fuel safely?

Used in an incompatible engine, short term it may cause pre-detonation and/or poor starting

If you use E10 in a non-compatible car over a long period of time, it may well cause lasting damage to the engine. Bioethanol has corrosive properties and Department for Transport (DfT) research suggests it can damage hoses, seals and plastics in engines that aren’t compatible. It may also harm fuel pumps and carburettors.

In that case I will use E5 super unleaded 

Been on gov web site only goes up to 1998 my car is a starlet 96 so I could not find out if it is ok to use E10