Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Home Charger's

Broadway One

Hi all......the quest continues (see earlier posting) to install a home charger in my parking bay.

Have engaged with 2 major marks Podpoint & Rolec, reps. on site later this week.

Anyone have a view Podpoint v Rolec ?   

Have recently placed my order for a Dynamic PHEV.

Toyota hybrids in all forms are flying at the moment, so difficult to cut a deal.

Younger family members creating why not an EV ?

Stock reply "I remain a fan of the Toyota badge  & they don't do EV's"

Barry Wright Lancashire.   

There are so many on the market now, most electricians offer charger supply and fit, not a 100% but the dealers/Toyota had a charger install at a fixed rate iirc that was with Chargemaster

Not sure if hybrids still get the £350 grant

Currently, as of 2nd August 2021, the Toyota Prius can get a charger install grant but the RAV4 is not listed? Really not sure why any offers?

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

Currently, as of 2nd August 2021, the Toyota Prius can get a charger install grant but the RAV4 is not listed? Really not sure why any offers?

That seems spectacularly mean! There are many other PHEVs on the list so I can't think of any reason that the RAV4 PHEV wouldn't / shouldn't qualify. Unless Toyota simply hasn't thought to add the RAV to the list?

Different question ... it's only an 18kWh Battery so not much more than 7 hours to charge (@10A from a 13A socket) - so why would anyone bother to install a faster home charger anyway?

Agree, the reality is that 30% is reserved so more or less available so 70% is the real charge level. It does take around the 7 hours from a 240v supply because it reduces the charge over the last hour(s) or so.  I use 240v and I’m happy with that as I do it overnight and in the winter will set the car conditioning for when I want the car ready.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links