Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk2 Na Tuning Questions.

Phil Hall

Damn went off on one! In answer to your original question yes Toyota heads are generally very well cast. So gains seen from working the head are minimal. Unless you are talking valve jobs (kinda makes the above rant a mute point!). Most modern engines are well designed and manufactured.

Your best power increasing mods would be the ones already mentioned. The ones where Toyota had to draw a compromise. These would be:

Intake, exhaust, cams (ergo timing)and drivetrain. As you are probably aware N/A tuning is very expensive, £ to BHP is very high (unless you are tuning a old v6 or v8!)

Thats why I would say an exhaust, filter and the nitrous is your best bet to make your car competitive in the world of souped up shopping trolleys.

Mmmmm, nitrous............. ( :unsure: ) thanks for all the advise and pointers guys, although I do have a basic knowledge of engines I dont have the confidence nor ability to take on any specialized work.

It will have to be a case of the basics to start with and then Ill look into the costs of Nitrous, I would rather have it plumbed in with a progressive controller, than POW!!! (ala pimp my ride) a sudden burst.

One thing I may try to do is polish the TB. I did this n my old corsa and although it took many hours to grind away the inner casting flange and buff to shine, I do think it was noticable on even a small engine, so I would like to try this on a spare TB first to see if there is any benefit.

Yeah optimising the TB is always worth while because it cost's very little. It's worth knife edging the lip of the TB so the air doesn't bounce off it coming from the intake.

I've done this a couple of times before, my first one I got a bit over zealous and killed the throttle butterfly seal, luckily the zetecs are plentiful so it was just a case of nipping to the scrappy and grabbing another one.

What are th BMC Carbon filters like for a mk2 g limited

i thought this type of filter was the best under a hot enclosed engine bay

• 6 years later...

hi, ive got a rev2 na road rally car and the only mod i did to it was put a toda lightened flywheel on it (found one second hand) and it completely transformed the power delivery of the engine. you can now really feel the vvt come in completely different from before, wondering whether i should de cat it aswell now tho but would i lose back pressure? cheers lewis

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links