Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Start car remotely


RazvanP
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello, 

I've seen that for US market Corollas you can start the engine remotely using the Toyota App. 

Is anybody aware of such option for the European cars? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Hi, unfortunately not for the UK, USA uses a different system I believe and its probably against some UK laws regarding car idling without a driver

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MarcusWatson said:

My last car had this feature and I never used it once in three years!

Lots of silly features have been added to cars in recent times and hardly ever used. Makes me wonder why they have been added in the first place 🤔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Lots of silly features have been added to cars in recent times and hardly ever used. Makes me wonder why they have been added in the first place 🤔

Agreed, although some futures are really helpful. My GF new car has very good app indeed and gives her option to preset temperature in the cabin. Once we had try that in a hot day and it was cool as she set the app 15min before we went  to the car, the ac was on but the car wasn’t in ready mode as the daytime running lights were off, I wouldn’t mind having that extra in my car too👍 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

Lots of silly features have been added to cars in recent times and hardly ever used. Makes me wonder why they have been added in the first place 🤔

I'm not living in UK and the winters are way colder. It's nice to start the car and windscreen defroster remotely so you don't have to stay out in the wind and scratch the windscreen to take out the ice faster :).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Agreed, although some futures are really helpful. My GF new car has very good app indeed and gives her option to preset temperature in the cabin. Once we had try that in a hot day and it was cool as she set the app 15min before we went  to the car, the ac was on but the car wasn’t in ready mode as the daytime running lights were off, I wouldn’t mind having that extra in my car too👍 

Yep I agree Tony, some of the features are useful and I use them very frequently. Reversing camera, automatic dips, and lights come to mind immediately, but having an indicator telling you when to change gears is a bit far fetched. If the driver doesn’t know when to change gears up or down, then their abilities to drive are seriously in question 🤔.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, RazvanP said:

I'm not living in UK and the winters are way colder. It's nice to start the car and windscreen defroster remotely so you don't have to stay out in the wind and scratch the windscreen to take out the ice faster :).

Toyota Owners Club is UK based, with the majority of members in the UK. Probably be best to contact Toyota Belgium to ask whether remote starting is included within any of their specs for the Corolla.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bernard Foy said:

Yep I agree Tony, some of the features are useful and I use them very frequently. Reversing camera, automatic dips, and lights come to mind immediately, but having an indicator telling you when to change gears is a bit far fetched. If the driver doesn’t know when to change gears up or down, then their abilities to drive are seriously in question 🤔.

Agreed 👍👌

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership