Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New car this weekend woohoo

Yugguy1970

Dealer rang and said the car is ready, I get it Saturday.

It is daft to be this excited over a car at the age of 51 🤣

But I will post a review after a few days, for info for anyone interested.

• Like 2

That's the problem with you young guys ... over excitement

🙂

• Haha 3

definitely not daft , i'm 64 and me and my bum cant wait till december when i get my new yaris cross , the old iq is getting a bit hard on the rear end now.

• Like 1

I'm 68 and looking forward to my new RAV4 due in November and hope that I'll never stop getting excited when getting a new car. 

• Like 1

I've been having a laugh with work colleagues about buying a hybrid to help save the planet.  Apart from it being new, full of lithium batteries and a collosal great SUV.  😁

That said, if Toyota made a hydrogen car that was a) cheaper and b) I could fill it up at more than 2 places in the UK, I'd have one.

I don’t think you can ever be too old to enjoy the excitement of a new car it’s what gives us the extra spark when others around us as watching day time TV. I’m well into my 70’s by the way, rock on!

• Like 1

I've had a new company car once in my career, but it's only in the last few years I've been able to afford new myself.  Done years of maintaining my own cars, many days of lying underneath the damn things with dirt falling in my eyes.

• Haha 1

So we went to check the car out and there is a tiny dent in the boot trim.  

Parts will come in a week and then I'll just let them collect the car and sort it.

For taking the car tomorrow they will give me my first service free.  Can't fault that really.

• Like 1

Oooo, you got silver wheels. I like silver wheels, so many cars today have black wheels.

Really pleased for you Guy. Now it's time to enjoy what you've been waiting for.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Catlover said:

Oooo, you got silver wheels. I like silver wheels, so many cars today have black wheels.

I really wanted Black wheels! I love the look of the Black edition with them but that model misses some of the Excel luxuries so made do with just a Black Excel, real shame Toyota don't do at least a wheel option.

I do prefer the silver myself.  There are options with the wheels when ordering, black alloys are £719.

1 hour ago, Yugguy1970 said:

I do prefer the silver myself.  There are options with the wheels when ordering, black alloys are £719.

In general I agree, I was just after a mean look... sadly wheel options not avail/allowed on our company car portal or would have loved them.

The Blue you got is reminiscent to me of the colour the Police like on unmarked cars, get your high vis jacket on and see if anyone gets nervous haha!

• Haha 1

Anyone know why the RAV doesn't have the B engine braking option like the Yaris and ChR do?  I think you'd want it just as much on a car the size of the RAV.  Or does the S option mimic it?  Haven't had chance to test that yet.  Not many hills in the Midlands 😆

The C-HR doesn't have a B option any more either (or at least my wife's doesn't). Yes, S mode allows you to effectively down shift (or up shift) if that's really something you think you need to do ... 🙂

I have only used B a few times, being in Norfolk on holiday last month was not one of them.  Was glad I had it when I did use B.  I wouldn’t have like the brakes to fade by overheating, though I was still using the brakes but not as harsh and sometimes would release the brakes when otherwise I wouldn’t.  So B is a good aid.

• Like 2

In my view the S mode mimics the previous B mode but has an advantage in that it can vary the amount of effect. Whereas B was a simple binary On or Off setting S4 offers gentle braking, S3 a bit more and you can bring the RAV to a stop by moving down to S1. Or if S3 is slowing too much on a hill you can go back to S4 etc.

One other (slight) advantage is that it is easier to go back to D with a single sideways movement rather the other implementations that, from memory, went via N first.

• Like 1

Cool cheers, yes it was hill braking I was thinking of mostly. 

On my C-HR I use the S mode for engine braking going down steep hills, also the cruise control does a good job on its own as long as the hill isn't too steep. 

• Like 1