Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Checks to do on a new Yaris Hybrid?

baxuz

I have ordered a new Yaris Sol Hybrid with the park assist package in June, and it should be delivered sometime in September or October.

Since this is the first new car I'm buying, do you guys have any tips on what to check on the initial car inspection?

Check any options you've ordered are actually fitted and working, where appropriate.

Check if possible that lights, multimedia unit, etc are working. Will they run through the basic operation of things? If it is fitted with sat nav, is it updated?

If possible check over the car in good daylight when it is dry. Have a careful look around both externally and internally for any damage - eg scratches, scuffs, evidence of repairs, etc.

Are the number plates correct and the same front and rear. Sounds silly but it can happen that the wrong plates are fitted to the wrong car. Happened to my brother-in-law.

Paperwork - correct and up to date? Finance?

Insurance - does it come with temporary 'drive away' insurance (may not be usual in Croatia). Otherwise have you covered the car with your own insurance? Correct cover?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the tips.

Seems I'll need to check the oil level as well: 

A common issue I've found on the three new Fords we've had is that the tyres are always inflated to the max fully loaded and greater than 100mph tyre pressures, which are a lot more than you would normally run at.

It's not so urgent that you need to check straight away at the dealers but once it's home check them the next day with cold tyres.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

A common issue I've found on the three new Fords we've had is that the tyres are always inflated to the max fully loaded and greater than 100mph tyre pressures, which are a lot more than you would normally run at.

It's not so urgent that you need to check straight away at the dealers but once it's home check them the next day with cold tyres.

I had the same when I picked up my Corolla.  The ride was noticeably more comfortable when the tyre pressures were reduced to the recommended lower setting.

• Like 1

Dealers ( or maybe directly car factory ) usually inflates the tyres more of the recomended setting to avoid tyre ovalization during delivery and stocking steps.

Dealers should restore the correct settings during the pre-delivery car preparation phase but very often they forget this step.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links