Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris cross

ApophisAstros

Went in to have a possible recall and replacement for a faulty fuel pump , but luckily it wasnt one one the recall letter.

Whilst i was waiting i saw this hideos eyesore that is a Yaris Cross  , awful shape and absolutely disgusting wheel arches.

Roger 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Roger.🙂

• Like 2

Estima V6 3.0 4WD Auto Aeras G edition , wow thats a stylish vehicle and well kitted out , is that the uk one or japanese import?

Roger

Thanks Roger...I like it..a lot.!.....ALL Estimas are imports...it was known in the UK/Europe as the Previa until around 2006 IIRC.

Moved to the Yaris club.

Review of the Yaris Cross:

Size wise it would suit me and I will have a look at it when it is in the showroom, however my last 2 cars had 3 cylinder engines and I wasn't keen on them.  Also I have to agree with ApophisAstros; who thought squared off wheel arches were a good design feature?  I haven't had the perfect car yet so it is possible one might appear on my drive sometime in the future.

• Like 1

Squared off wheel arches haven't harmed sales of the Rav4 -

2021-Toyota-RAV4-15.jpg

• Like 1

I never even noticed they had squared off wheel arches, even though a guy 5 doors away has a 2020 RAV4

I haven’t seen it in person yet but on the reviews looks good to me especially the interior. I am not a fan of small cars but latest Yaris and this cross version take my attention. GR specifically 🏎🏁👍

Ehh I'm with the OP. I have a general hatred of SUVs and Crossovers, mainly because they are all looks and no functionality, but all the poser people buy them in droves in London for god only knows why. It's London! The city with the narrowest streets FFS! But what gets me especially is when they take small cars and crossoverify them! *starts foaming at the mouth*

I just hope the OP has been spared the travesty that is the Aygo Crossover... :sick: (Seriously, why?! Why is that a thing!?)

4 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Ehh I'm with the OP. I have a general hatred of SUVs and Crossovers, mainly because they are all looks and no functionality, but all the poser people buy them in droves in London for god only knows why. It's London! The city with the narrowest streets FFS! But what gets me especially is when they take small cars and crossoverify them! *starts foaming at the mouth*

I just hope the OP has been spared the travesty that is the Aygo Crossover... :sick: (Seriously, why?! Why is that a thing!?)

Crossovers are needed for London especially with all those speed bumps, many bad drivers like  to have that type of cars and to jump over these bumps without slowing down, there is one good reason for a crossover 🤭😉 UK is country that you may never actually has a benefit of owning a crossover suv but it’s full of these on the streets, here any land outside towns is private and there+is no access, while in other European countries you can just swerve outside the road and enjoy green lanes as much as you want. 👌

Oh mate, that's what makes it even more infuriating! It's the crossovers and SUVs that go over speed humps the slowest here!! I know! It makes no sense!!! I'll not even slow down for most of them, esp. 'speed cushions' (Mainly because I'm already going at an appropriate speed, but also because the Mk4 has a significantly wider track to the Mk1 and Mk2 so it can straddle them!), but it feels like 80% of the time the SUV or Crossover will go from breaking the speed limit to crawling over the speed hump at sub-pedestrian pace, then flying off again. Why?! Why do they do this!?!? If my tiny Mk4 can straddle them so can their giant land boat!! Why do they do that!?!?! Gbragahrgh!! :ranting:*more foaming*

Ahem.

But yeah, the behaviour of some drivers really boggles the mind...!

• Haha 1

My view is that if you don't like the Yaris Cross, don't buy it. Straightforward really.

• Like 2

Drivers are insane these days, perhaps so many has so much trouble and been stressed including most of the professional drivers like lorry, van, taxi., very rare you can see a relaxed driver who drives sensibly and safely., and if you are one of these you most likely gonna get abused by the rest as you will be called slow or unable to drive( keep up with traffic) 🤭🤣 

Yaris cross to me is the perfect small car for going in the nature for outdoor adventures, it has the real 4x4 look and ground clearance, approach and departure angles , large wheel arches for articulation, although not a proper awd system with good tyres and momentum you can get pretty much any soft road obstacles, at least look like it 👍

I have ordered a Yaris Cross which was supposed to come in October, but which has now been delayed until November because of the chip shortage..

I have special requirements in that, in my spare time, I am a volunteer hospital driver and frequently carry elderly and disabled passengers. Some of them have folding wheelchairs or zimmer frames. My needs are easy entry, a tall car is therefore useful, and a decent boot. At the same time, I am one of these odd characters who, shock horror, insist on keeping their car in a garage. The Yaris Cross meets my needs.

I've looked at one in the showroom. It seemed okay. I don't particularly like the front of the car and I hated the dark grey/black roof lining. Whether that will appear on my Design model I don't yet know. I agree that the wheel arches are a bit too fussy but overall I am more concerned about how practical it is.

I have never had a Toyota before and did consider the Honda Jazz Crossstar. The Yaris's larger boot was the deciding factor. Mind you, the flip up rear seats of the Honda are a great idea. Pity they are not in more cars. Probably a patent issue.

16 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

My view is that if you don't like the Yaris Cross, don't buy it. Straightforward really.

I agree.  There is a lot I like about the Yaris Cross and a couple of things I don't like.  When it comes to car change time I shall weigh up the pros and cons and how I fell about it after a test drive.  As I have said before I haven't had my perfect car yet.

I've seen one in the dealers.  I don't think it's a available until April next year.

It's as big as a chr but the boot is a little smaller.  Chunky styling like a RAV, where the CHR is swoopier.

7 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

I've seen one in the dealers.  I don't think it's a available until April next year.

All dealers now have at least one showroom display & one Demonstrator, Orders are open and deliveries commence from September.

It's as big as a chr but the boot is a little smaller.  Chunky styling like a RAV, where the CHR is swoopier.

Bit back to front, it is smaller than a CHR but boot is bigger 1st of each set is Yaris X:

Exterior dimensions

Exterior length (mm)
Exterior length (mm)
Exterior width (mm)
Exterior width (mm)
Exterior height (mm)
Exterior height (mm)
Front Tread (mm)
Front Tread (mm)
Rear Tread (mm)
Rear Tread (mm)
Overhang Front (mm)
Overhang Front (mm)
Overhang Rear (mm)
Overhang Rear (mm)
Wheelbase (mm)
Wheelbase (mm)
Interior dimensions

Interior length (mm)
Interior length (mm)
Interior width (mm)
Interior width (mm)
Interior height (mm)
Interior height (mm)
Luggage volume

Luggage Capacity (laden to tonneau cover) l
Luggage Capacity (laden to tonneau cover) l
5 seat mode (laden to tonneau cover)
5 seat mode (laden to tonneau cover)
5 seat mode (laden to roof)
5 seat mode (laden to roof)
2 seat mode (laden to tonneau cover)

2 seat mode (laden to tonneau cover)
2 seat mode (laden to roof)
2 seat mode (laden to roof)

• Like 1

Yeah I think it's because I was looking at the chr with the boot open and didn't take into account how the hatch is quite steep so you lose the space.

I preferred the styling of the cross personally, I like the chunkiness.

I was going to replace my mk2 rav with a chr , until i looked inside one, way too gloomy with the black headlining, and the rear was too impracticle , so i bought a ssangyong tivoli xlv 4x4, i've ordered a yaris cross excel with a glass roof and it has the light grey headlining, it'll replace my iq3. 

• Like 1