Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid intermittent starting problem

Della88

Hi All,

In the last couple of days my 2012 Yaris Hybrid has presented an intermittent starting issue. If I turn the ignition, nothing happens (it is clear there is no electricity as I also can't open the windows/no lights come on, etc.)

This usually resolves itself after a (max) couple of minutes, and you can hear the whir of the electrics and then I can turn the car on. When the car is on, there are no lights on the dash.

Any idea what this might be? The car seems to be working OK otherwise.

Hi,

it’s likely to be a low voltage 12v Battery. Best to measure and recharge overnight with trickle charge and see if issues return. You may also need a new Battery if the old one can not be recharge to its work voltage anymore., that can only be confirmed after you try the above first. 
Good luck 

9 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi,

it’s likely to be a low voltage 12v battery. Best to measure and recharge overnight with trickle charge and see if issues return. You may also need a new battery if the old one can not be recharge to its work voltage anymore., that can only be confirmed after you try the above first. 
Good luck 

Tony is spot on with his advice, it might also be worth while checking out to see if the alternator is charging the Battery 🚘

• Like 1

Bernard meant to say check the charging system is charging the Battery.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Catlover said:

Bernard meant to say check the charging system is charging the battery.

Naw Joe, I just didn’t read the posters properly 😡. I just read Tony’s reply and threw in my tuppence worth 🧐

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links