Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota cuts production in September by 40% due to the effects of the worldwide semiconductor shortage.

FROSTYBALLS

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Hi all.....could this be a massive dodgy news item to promote a clear out of 2nd hand vehicles ?

I was under the impression that Toyota had stockpiled semiconductor's & were weathering the crisis. 

Used Toyota hybrids are immensely popular reflected in attractive resale values.

They are currently flying out of the showrooms. 

Just a cynical thought........Barry Wright Lancashire. 

It is having numerous consequences for the industry, none of them good. A client of mine in the motor industry is having to take an emergency bank loan and lay off staff to weather this. Bear in mind that motor traders tend to carry as little stock as they can, so any short term gain in used car values is likely to be massively offset by the lack of supply of new vehicles to sell.

• 1 month later...

See separate posting with update from Autocar this week. The situation is improving. 

• 5 weeks later...

I have just had an update on my new aygo I may get it early march if I'm lucky enough??? 

53 minutes ago, Dave the aygo said:

I have just had an update on my new aygo I may get it early march if I'm lucky enough??? 

Well November has been announced as the last month of production for the current Aygo - 

So does that mean they will complete all the orders or cancel them? 

I have just phoned the dealership and they have told me they have a new date I should get the car before Xmas good news I think 

55 minutes ago, Dave the aygo said:

So does that mean they will complete all the orders or cancel them? 

The topic I linked to said that production would be matched to outstanding orders - so your order will be honoured.

Some orders will be delayed, not cancelled. From what i can see Toyota has not been too hard hot at some other german brands.

This will last another 12 months.

There are stock cars available if your dealer can find them, but may not have the spec you want, but some can be better specced at a good price, some not. Some magically appear out of nowhere, so always keep checking.

Yeah, sometimes impatient people cancel and you can get their slot :biggrin: