Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch 2 with go postcode input nightmare!

Q.S.

I have a RAV4 2015 with “touch 2 with go” and just recently it has become a nightmare to input postcodes and addresses. Everything appears to work for the first 2 or 3 digits then stalls on the next digit. Sometimes the digit bleeps but doesn’t enter, sometimes does nothing, sometimes might go in after 2 or 3 touches. Absolute pain in the backside and I am not going to update my map if it’s not working right. Once I eventually manage to get it entered (can take 20 minutes, or give up trying) the sat nav function fine.

All other touchscreen functions seem to work ok. Any ideas? I have tried rebooting by disconnecting the Battery for a short while but was still the same. Thanks.

Yes, when I can get that far. Sometimes won’t even get as far as the the space. Only started doing it in the last month or two, had the vehicle since it was 6 months old.

I have a 2015 Auris with touch 2 and find it's better to touch the number or letter you want more at the bottom of the number or letter. Also as pointed out you do need to manually enter the space.

James.

Had the vehicle for 6 years and not had a problem before so it’s not anything I am doing. Something definitely gone wrong with it, need to know if there’s an easy fix for it or if anyone else has had the same problem. Not worth spending a fortune on it if it needs a replacement, will try a reinstall of the last software and map update that I have, I think.

p.s. Does the same thing for the wife as well, hers in the Yaris (touch with go) is no problem at all.

Edited by Q.S.

• 4 months later...

I think you will find it’s the touchscreen at fault - I have a very similar problem on my RAV4 66 reg hybrid.

first noticed when trying to input postcode it keeps selecting COUNTRY CODE but if I touch half an inch lower it works.

However when selecting letters/numbers for postcode I have either the same issue or no response unless multiple touches performed.

2 hours ago, Tunneller said:

I think you will find it’s the touchscreen at fault - I have a very similar problem on my RAV4 66 reg hybrid.

first noticed when trying to input postcode it keeps selecting COUNTRY CODE but if I touch half an inch lower it works.

However when selecting letters/numbers for postcode I have either the same issue or no response unless multiple touches performed.

You could well be right. After going into settings to check out which version I was running, things improved dramatically when I exited the settings menu. Everything started working again as it should apart from, now I have to touch the lower edge of each digit/letter instead of directly on it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links