Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hybrid EGR blockage at low mileage?

mpm235

Hello all,

I'm moving here, to Auris Club, from Prius Club. I trade my much beloved 2008 Prius in for a 2014 Auris Hybrid on Monday morning (i'm acyually devastaed that Prius is going, but she is now burning a huge amount of oil...).

I would like to ask please, what is the lowest mileage, that anyone has known of an EGR getting blocked on a Auris Hybrid? My new one is low mileage, only 30k, which is a good thing of course, but now I'm thinking (probably overthinking, but I'm utterly paranoid about car reliability) that new Auris  might have been used for short distance start-stop trips (indicated by the low mileage) which can contribute to EGR blockage. Thanks in advance for any answers (please feel free to tell me I have nothing to worry about and should belt up 😉🙂). Thanks, Mark

Hi,

you have nothing to worry about your egr at this low mileage. When the car gets into 80-100k then you can clean it and keep going. When this time comes the car actually will let you know as when the egr is blocked the engine will start to knock at certain circumstances like when your Battery is low and engine is running to recharge it and you are driving the car at low speeds going over speed bumps for example. When that happens all you need is a proper cleaning. Good luck and enjoy your new car 🚙 

• Like 1

and don’t forget, you have an hybrid, and whilst the car shows 30,000 mile the engine will have revolved for a lot less the 30k miles, up to approx40% less but let’s say 10,000 less. It’s like having a car that’s only done 20,000 miles.

Relax and enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi,

you have nothing to worry about your egr at this low mileage. When the car gets into 80-100k then you can clean it and keep going. When this time comes the car actually will let you know as when the egr is blocked the engine will start to knock at certain circumstances like when your battery is low and engine is running to recharge it and you are driving the car at low speeds going over speed bumps for example. When that happens all you need is a proper cleaning. Good luck and enjoy your new car 🚙 

Thanks very much Tony, cheers, Mark

27 minutes ago, Catlover said:

and don’t forget, you have an hybrid, and whilst the car shows 30,000 mile the engine will have revolved for a lot less the 30k miles, up to approx40% less but let’s say 10,000 less. It’s like having a car that’s only done 20,000 miles.

Relax and enjoy the ride.

Thanks very much. I should be pleased at getting a perfect condition, low milage Auris icon tech, but in all honesty, I'm just gutted that my Prius is going ( she is burning a lot of oil now, a full litre last 600 miles), I absolutely love that car, will be devastated when I trade her in on monday morning (main dealers in Doncaster). Cheers, Mark