Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lights on when unlock/lock

Yugguy1970

Hi all.

Picked up my RAV4 design today and loving it so far.

But one thing seems to be missing and googling also seems that we don't have it which surprises me.

Can the lights come on with unlock/lock?

Glad you've got the car OK.  The customisable features are on page 630 of the downloadable manual, I've printed the few pages as I found it a pain trying to change settings with a phone or even an iPad displaying the manual. I don't think what your looking for is available.

Howdo. Yes I couldn't find it either.  That does seem an unusual omission when pretty much every car does it these days.  It should just be a standard thing I think.

10 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Hi all.

Picked up my RAV4 design today and loving it so far.

But one thing seems to be missing and googling also seems that we don't have it which surprises me.

Can the lights come on with unlock/lock?

What lights are you referring to Guy??

So when you unlock the car, exterior side lights come on, or when you stop the headlights stay on. 

I can see that we can set the headlights to stay on for 30 seconds when putting the car into P, but can't see anything for unlock. Even if it was just interior lights for when you're In a dark car park.

My 2019 Excel has not very bright puddle lights that come on when I unlock the vehicle. I changed the bulbs to LEDs and now illuminate a reasonable area round each door

Yeah the design doesn't have those unfortunately.

It's a dealer set option, it can be changed with techstream or one of the many pay for apps and dongles like Carista

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Yeah the design doesn't have those unfortunately.

Applogies, I didn't realise

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

It's a dealer set option, it can be changed with techstream or one of the many pay for apps and dongles like Carista

Yep I need to do some research into this stuff for the Toyota.  Done it on my Fords and MB.

It's all in the back of the owner's manual (online versions) A and B columns are user settable, column C is dealer/workshop only

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links