Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PHEV delivery delay for a most stupid reason

Nick72

27 minutes ago, ernieb said:

@Nick72, more or less what you expected but a right pain in the *****!   I’d certainly write to them and lodge a formal complaint but if the truth is that they wanted the Sept. plate then I’m afraid you could probably write the reply you’re likely to get back yourself “very sorry, etc., etc”.  It’s sometimes good, however, to vent a frustration as it has a way of settling it in the mind.

I’ve  had many company cars in the past and the experience has been mixed but those were purchased by the company rather than leased. Nowadays as I once again buy my own I can at least keep track of the delivery and always insist on at least monthly updates by phone and more frequently when the date is near. For me the MyT app was great as I was sometimes ahead of the dealer in tracking a movement or progress stage.

Once again I hope it really gets resolved and that you can then have a firm delivery date.

Cheers Ernie. I guess I'm venting the frustration. Soooooo disappointing. 😥🤦‍♂️

Nick, I would feel and react in a very similar manner and unfortunately in my case I’d probably have sleepless nights with the “mind worm” running though the options continuously.  

• Like 1

Well, think of it this way, all this frustration and annoyance will just make the car seem even more awesome when you finally get it :laugh: 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Well, think of it this way, all this frustration and annoyance will just make the car seem even more awesome when you finally get it :laugh: 

Fingers crossed but I'll probably find something to moan about 😂

Spoken like a true Brit! :laugh:

I gotta say these TNGA hybrids are really good - It's like Toyota suddenly realized that driving dynamics are a thing and factored it into their designs, unlike the previous gen models! The uprated electric motors and the new Dynamic Force IC engines really make a difference in how they drive. I still feel the power steering is over-assisted, but you can feel that they worked on the handling and driving feel, which felt like something that they just forgot about in older models!

Or where they'd say something like "Tuned for european tastes" for some cars, which translated to "The ride is unreasonably hard and the suspension feels like it has scaffolding poles instead of shock absorbers" :laugh: 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Spoken like a true Brit! :laugh:

I gotta say these TNGA hybrids are really good - It's like Toyota suddenly realized that driving dynamics are a thing and factored it into their designs, unlike the previous gen models! The uprated electric motors and the new Dynamic Force IC engines really make a difference in how they drive. I still feel the power steering is over-assisted, but you can feel that they worked on the handling and driving feel, which felt like something that they just forgot about in older models!

Or where they'd say something like "Tuned for european tastes" for some cars, which translated to "The ride is unreasonably hard and the suspension feels like it has scaffolding poles instead of shock absorbers" :laugh: 

😂

Looking forward to it!

• Like 1