Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2021 hybrid hatchback rear speaker quality

dazayit

Anyone else think the rear speaker are terrible, can't hear them really even when balance all the way to the back. Audio is not the best anyway even compared to my 2014 astra gtc.

Has anyone changed them? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dazayit said:

Anyone else think the rear speaker are terrible, can't hear them really even when balance all the way to the back. Audio is not the best anyway even compared to my 2014 astra gtc.

Has anyone changed them? 

Hi, 

if they are really horrible indeed you may check for poor connection of the cables inside the door , these days new car’s are so much rushed out of factory that many simple mistakes are made and in general the build quality is lower than previous years. On a brand new Hyundai made in Korea I had to clip in the plastic cover around the front mirror that houses the sensors built into the windshield, the rear part of the roof lining all 4 clips were only positioned in but not clipped and list goes on. Or perhaps take the car to the dealer to check. 👍

• Like 1

Having done a research I found a post from America saying the same. Rear Speakers are crap 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The front ones are not much better. A lot of distortion and vibration with louder bass notes

• Like 1

Its not so much the speaker but the way Toyota choose to amplify them, Toyota bias he amplification towards the front, people who have gone to the trouble of replacing them have reported an improvement in quality but not volume.

Having had the chance to meet engineers from Burnaston I did question as to why Toyota ( & Lexus ) choose to do this and they answered " you don't go to a concert and turn your back to the music "

• Haha 1

Do they not realize people sometimes sit in the back? :laugh: 

I've not sat in any for a back to back comparison, but I have heard people say the JBL sounds systems are much better than the stock ones (I wasn't that impressed with the JBL system in my Mk4 TBH, so the stock system must be pretty bad!)

As said above the fronts are not really that great, acceptable but not good I also read that the the head unit doesn't offer enough power for them either. The JBL wasn't an option on the gr sport.

Would of expected more from 30K motor

Anyone replaced them? front or rear.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links