Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashboard Paint Colour

Kmac888

hi everyone......I've spilt some superglue on my dashboard (2013 Yaris) and because I'm a total idiot I tried to remove it with acetone (nail polish remover).  The good news is - it completely removed the superglue.

The bad news is - its left a white stain on the dashboard where it has taken the paint off.  So my question is does anyone know if it is possible to buy paint for the dashboard so I can touch it up and match it to the rest of the dashboard? thanks for reading this.....

Moved to the Yaris club.

nope, you will not find the paint there is no paint code for the interior, 2 options buy a use trim or take the trim into a paint shop and get a can mixed

what piece of trim have you damaged ?

thanks it's the flat panel to the left of the touch & go screen

Best to watch some videos on YouTube. There are ways to repair using a heat gun, need to be careful though as that thing can easily cause damage and fire. 👍 I am not sure paint will do it. 

I dont think I'll try a heat gun.....that has disaster written all over it but thanks for the reply

24 minutes ago, Kmac888 said:

thanks it's the flat panel to the left of the touch & go screen

Can you post a picture ?

That looks to me like deposit left in the fine detail rather than paint removal. (I wouldn't have thought that was painted anyway.)

My go tos are white spirit and meths, though I think I'd try a bit of soapy water first. In in combination with a fine brush, maybe an old toothbrush, to get into those 'pores', and a good rinse and dry after.

43 minutes ago, Kmac888 said:

20210824_183206.jpg

I probably won’t use the heat gun too, but may give it a go or at least try with hairdryer first. This video shows how the magic happens and likely to be all what you need. Just as an idea, I have never done it myself. 

• Like 1

amazing.......didn't think that would work thank you much appreciated 

• Like 1

It's  the dash pad, it is PVC foam backed vinyl on an ABS Shell be careful i wouldn't use anything stronger than IPA, heat will make it shrink and pucker up

You may get away with Vinyl dye like TRG Easy dye or a spray

the other option is to replace the pad

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293329815868?hash=item444bd1c93c:g:Y44AAOSwY9pdzPAL